“Top quality Spanish food”
Review of Taberna la Gaonera

Taberna la Gaonera
Ranked #160 of 1,163 Restaurants in Fuengirola
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went late one evening. They did not speak much english, and my spanish is very pocito so struggled a bit ordering. Service was really friendly though, always a great feeling when you get that. Did get what I wanted, half racion of gambas and a half of iberico. Both were packed with flavor, wish I could get stuff like that in my hometown. Red tempranillo was very good, and they have a bunch of superb reds. Was really looking forward to going back, but they were closed the next day and it was my last in Fuengirola. Seemed like a real quality establishment.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was just opening and we desided to sit down because every reataurant was full. It was the greatest desicion in a long time. The food was absolutely great and there were many options in the menu. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We so loved this restaurant. The owner runs a very professional and tidy establishment. The food is amazing. My lamb shoulder was fantastic but the star dish of the evening was my wife's cod in safron sauce. The staff are excellent. I cannot praise this restauraunt enough. I hope that we can visit again.

Compared with the equivalent cost back home I felt that we had amazing value for money.

Our compliments to the chef and a huge thank you to the staff for a great evening. Don't just take this from me. Our companions for the evening included a retired restauraunt manager who also praised this restauraunt.

I'd give this restauraunt a rating of ten if I could.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Ate there tonight with my family.

Authentic Spanish restaurant. It's always a good sign when no one speaks english very well. Lots of pointing and my very bad Spanish got the ordering done.

Kids were happy enough but my wife and I were very pleased. Lovely salad starters (crispy goats cheese and house salad), followed by swordfish and steak.

Couple of glasses of red for me and cheesecake and coffee, all good.

Not too expensive, very good quality and genuine friendly staff, even with the language barrier.

Will go again.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Great little restaurant we found for lunch, just off square in central Fuengirola. Very Spanish, good service, nicely laid tables. Enjoyed fish and octopus dishes which were very good and resonably priced.

Date of visit: June 2017