“Good food great value !”
Review of The Sandpiper

The Sandpiper
Ranked #32 of 1,146 Restaurants in Fuengirola
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We visited the Sandpiper recently ,very difficult to find a time of day when they are not busy,thats has to be good ,Hasn't it ?.Yes lovely food ,lovely staff, great value for money ,Our orders for drinks were taken within a couple of minutes ,probably 5 minutes later they were taking our orders for our meal ,Please note if you go to this restaurant ,GO HUNGRY!.For 4 people our set Menu plus a bottle of Wine and 2 drinks for each person, the bill came to 72 euros .That is what i call value for money .

1  Thank magsdent55

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Walked passed the Sandpiper on many occasions and it was always full or all tables reserved. Managed to get a table Sunday Night and was it worth the wait. Could have gone for the menu of the day 3 course for around €13 which looked very appealing but decided that we just as well try the full menu. A god choice as all our food was of a high standard and the portions were ample sized. My wife had a Goats cheese starter and she was very complimentary of it, I had the fried Camembert with cranberry jelly which was delicious. For mains it was beef stroganoff which was full of taste and plenty of meat. I had the 70’s throwback of steak Diane which was superb, the steak very tender the sauce full of flavour and the accompanying sides plentiful. Sponge pudding for desert and we were stuffed. Despite the popularity we were not rushed at any stage, quite the opposite as we sat and had drinks and chatted to people on the tables around us once food was done.

1  Thank andrewL2325HG
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Welcomed like family and once again perfect meals all week, You simply cannot beat this lovely restaurant for value and friendly welcome

Reviewed 24 June 2018

A great place to eat good staff and menu = great food!
Every time we have eaten here we have had to book. That about sums it up.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I have been going to the sandpiper for quite a few years and the food is always good but the service this year was terrible. We were waiting for quite a few minutes for the complimentary snacks, but they were on the bar waiting to be given out. After our meal I wanted a dessert but no offer of a menu was made. When I asked for a dessert I was then told that they did not have it. I then picked another one and waiting for 15 minutes it still hadn't appeared I cancelled and asked for the bill. No bill was forthcoming until I asked again and the girl then decided to make up some snacks first. I will not be returning in the evenings.

2  Thank Pauline G