Lowest prices for your stay
US$75
US$68
TravelocityUS$75
Vio.comUS$72
travelup.comUS$82
All reviews washing machine los boliches pool area the sofa bed train station street view minute walk large fridge freezer slight hill full kitchen stayed here for two weeks shops restaurants quiet hotel definitely stay here again reception staff mainland spain a lovely stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2022

We had a lovely apartment which had views across the mountains and could see the sea as well. Brilliant facilities with full kitchen, sofas and table. 2 double rooms, 1 ensuite. Extremely secure - could only access the hotel after midnight with a code or key. Access only to hotel residents for the pool. The pool was perfect location with sun all day. Enough sun beds for all although it may get more busy towards the summer months. 5 mins to the train station, 10 mins to the beach and front with many restaurants, shops and bars. Perfect location for us. Slight hill when walking to the hill just for people to be aware of. Extremely welcoming reception, we arrived late in the evening and they were waiting for us. Couldn't fault this hotel, wish we had stayed longer!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2021 via mobile

So nice to be back after 2 years. Hotel quiet and easy to get sun beds, limited to 42 at moment due to social distancing. Apartment spotless and equipped with everything we needed including welcome air conditioning.

We were given the same apartment as before and a bottle to celebrate partners birthday. Well stocked supermarket just few feet away, gentle 10 minute walk to seafront. It's in a quiet area away from the hustle and bustle but easy walking distance of bars etc.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 September 2021

Dear Nick,

First of all, thank you for choosing us again as your place to stay in La Costa del Sol. Is always nice to have you both back at our facilities.
We hope that you could celebrate your partner's birthday in the best possible way.

Thank you for your comment as well.
Looking forward to welcoming you again, Mediterráneo Real apartamentos turísticos.

Reviewed 6 January 2020

Stayed for Xmas and new year, arrived and had requested a room on pool side for my arthritic mum who finds walking difficult so she could sit in sun and read, got opposite side, so not a good start as no sun at anytime of day. After first week paid €30 to move to sunny side and it was great and worth it. The apartments were roomy and well equipped, freezer, washing machine. unlike another couple we had no problems, they had loads.
Reception staff were lovely and very helpful.
Restaurant and bar closed for the holidays which I found weird, apart from 31 Dec but guest were not welcome, so there was nowhere to sit and meet other guest, we did not speak to one person for the whole 2 weeks there.
Lastly I have never stayed in a place sooooo noisy starting late evening doors banging (I mean banging, woke my deaf mum, and scrapping furniture until early hours ( usually 2-3 am) of the morning.
This was my 6th time in Fuengirola, first and last here, not worth the extra money.
So back to Fuengirola Beach Apartments it is.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
MediterraneoRealA, comercial at Mediterraneo Real Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Dear Juliehbw,

First of all, we want to thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback! We are very sorry that you had problems with the noise as all of our windows are double glazed to avoid the noise of the street but probably you had some noisy neighbours who didn't respect the sleeping hours. We regret not to have reached your expectation by 100% and we hope this does not prevent you from coming back to Fuengirola.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2019

Reviewing on the basis of travelling as a family of 3 with a 21 month old.

Having stayed in the area in various places over the past 5/6 years I am confident I would not stay here again. Most recently we stayed in the Nuria Sol apartments across the road - these are much better for families and generally much more accommodating and friendly. The area itself is great for everyone, Los Boliches is our preferred part of town and everything really is on your doorstep.

On to my reasons not to stay in this particular accommodation -

1 - emailed in advance of our arrival to request a cot and a high chair for the room, to be told they are charged INDIVIDUALLY at 5euros per day = 100euros for a 10 day break! I have never been charged anywhere else. When we arrived I politely conveyed my upset at this to the Manager and concierge on duty, both of whom were very nice but explained it is company policy so nothing could be done. I have never encountered this issue anywhere else and this is my main reason for not recommending to families. Imagine having more than one child? You'd be a week's spending money out of pocket on arrival!! I was told this is mentioned on the website but we booked via JET2 and it is not clear - it should be called out explicitly in my opinion.
Luckily for us we ended up not paying for either as a family friend living in the area offered to lend us both items.

2 - you're only given one key, 5euro for a second one, 30euro to replace if lost (fair enough).
WIFI is free but limited to 2 devices so can't both be on your phone and log in another device, eg an ipad for the kids, without one of you logging off. Extra charge for another passkey.

3 - given apartment on the first floor on a level with the pool. I realise they have to give someone these apartments but i don't recommend them (especially given the ones on the poolside of the building are smaller, FYI.) The sunbeds are right up against your balcony - not great for siesta for adults nevermind toddler napping! It also had only a shower cubicle when, with a toddler, a bath is a must. This was our main reason for requesting a change, along with wanting an apartment higher up with a view. 30euros to change, pretty fair. We were given an apartment on 8th floor on the streetside the next day. The apartments on the street side of the building are much bigger and have a bath, which was perfect.

4 - attitude. Second day (when we were moving) we were told could move from approx 3pm - no problem. Went to reception and was given key to new apartment, then told we could take our time moving - baby, cot, cases etc. Great, thanks. 10 mins later, mid move, knock on the door from a very rude dark haired woman from reception, impatiently requesting that we moved faster so they could clean the room. I explained we were going as fast as possible with the baby and all our stuff and were told we could take our time (I wasn't expecting to take more than half an hour but 10 mins was pushing it!) She was very abrupt and rude.
Once we moved to the new room I realised we didn't have a sheet for the cot. The previous night it was too late to do anything about it. I called down to reception and spoke to the same lady to ask for a sheet for the cot. I tried to explain my request, met a couple of times with "I don't speak English" and eventually got her to understand, only to be met with a rude "no". I couldn't tell whether or not this was to do with it not being their cot, but one i had brought myself, but nevertheless it was clearly not something she was willing to do. I then said ok what if i want an extra sheet for the bed, to which i was also told no.
By this time we had already nicknamed the place the '5euro hotel' and so i was half expecting a charge but not an absolute, and rude, no. I hung up.

5 - there are no brushes or mops in the apartment, cleaning/sheet changing is every 4 days so with a toddler to clean up after this wasn't great. we did our best with kitchen roll and wet wipes but would have preferred to be able to clean a bit more.

6 - 2 calls to maintenance, one because there are no instructions for the washing machine and one when the air con stopped (both dealt with promptly and the maintenance guy was lovely).

All the other staff we spoke to were lovely apart from the particularly rude brunette.

I was definitely disappointed overall and like i say, wouldn't stay again.

It won't stop us going back to the area though as it is our favourite place.

Room tip: Rooms on street side are bigger. Request higher up and definitely don't stay on the 1st floor pool side.
Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank kelab1980
MediterraneoRealA, comercial at Mediterraneo Real Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2019

Dear kelab1980,

First of all, let me thank you for your feedback. We regret that we have not reached your expectations and we have taken notes of your comments to try to improve our services.
1 - We will get in touch with the company that you booked through to ask them to inform their clients about the extra charges of some services such as a baby cot and high chair.
2 - About the key, we only give one as we've had many people keeping them as a "souvenir", that's why we ask for a deposit of 5€ for any extra key, which we refund as soon as we get the keys back.
3 - The apartment being of a low floor is because most people with children ask us to be on a low floor as they are afraid of being on a high floor with a balcony and children; maybe we should have asked you on your arrival if you'd prefer a high or low floor; we will take this in consideration for the next clients.
4 - We will talk with the reception staff about this matter.
5 - The cleaning of the apartment is every 2 days with change of towels and 2 days later with a change of sheets, so every 2 days the apartments are cleaned. The problem is that we didn't know that you needed mop or brush, otherwise we would have brought it immediately to your apartment.

We are sorry to read that you are not coming back to our apartments but it is good to know that this experience will not stop you from enjoying Los Boliches and the Costa del Sol.

With kind regards,
Isabel T.

Reviewed 23 September 2019 via mobile

Great apartment. Great pool area. Great hotel cafe. However, guests are saving pool beds so hotel staff need to tour the area and remove towels from saved beds. Guests are smoking in the pool area instead of the hard floor pool area. Guests are being intimate in the pool so hotel staff should really do a tour of the pool area for example once an hour. Just a suggestion.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MediterraneoRealA, comercial at Mediterraneo Real Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2019

Dear LadyPenelopeOxton,

First of all, we thank you for staying with us and also for your feedback. We have taken note of your comments and suggestion, and we will do our utmost to improve our services. We try to do our best and work very hard to make our guests happy. We hope to welcome you again in a near future. With kind regards.