Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews washing machine these apartments los boliches air con across the road per day balcony sun freezer key siesta jet2 poolside
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2019

Reviewing on the basis of travelling as a family of 3 with a 21 month old.

Having stayed in the area in various places over the past 5/6 years I am confident I would not stay here again. Most recently we stayed in the Nuria Sol apartments across the road - these are much better for families and generally much more accommodating and friendly. The area itself is great for everyone, Los Boliches is our preferred part of town and everything really is on your doorstep.

On to my reasons not to stay in this particular accommodation -

1 - emailed in advance of our arrival to request a cot and a high chair for the room, to be told they are charged INDIVIDUALLY at 5euros per day = 100euros for a 10 day break! I have never been charged anywhere else. When we arrived I politely conveyed my upset at this to the Manager and concierge on duty, both of whom were very nice but explained it is company policy so nothing could be done. I have never encountered this issue anywhere else and this is my main reason for not recommending to families. Imagine having more than one child? You'd be a week's spending money out of pocket on arrival!! I was told this is mentioned on the website but we booked via JET2 and it is not clear - it should be called out explicitly in my opinion.
Luckily for us we ended up not paying for either as a family friend living in the area offered to lend us both items.

2 - you're only given one key, 5euro for a second one, 30euro to replace if lost (fair enough).
WIFI is free but limited to 2 devices so can't both be on your phone and log in another device, eg an ipad for the kids, without one of you logging off. Extra charge for another passkey.

3 - given apartment on the first floor on a level with the pool. I realise they have to give someone these apartments but i don't recommend them (especially given the ones on the poolside of the building are smaller, FYI.) The sunbeds are right up against your balcony - not great for siesta for adults nevermind toddler napping! It also had only a shower cubicle when, with a toddler, a bath is a must. This was our main reason for requesting a change, along with wanting an apartment higher up with a view. 30euros to change, pretty fair. We were given an apartment on 8th floor on the streetside the next day. The apartments on the street side of the building are much bigger and have a bath, which was perfect.

4 - attitude. Second day (when we were moving) we were told could move from approx 3pm - no problem. Went to reception and was given key to new apartment, then told we could take our time moving - baby, cot, cases etc. Great, thanks. 10 mins later, mid move, knock on the door from a very rude dark haired woman from reception, impatiently requesting that we moved faster so they could clean the room. I explained we were going as fast as possible with the baby and all our stuff and were told we could take our time (I wasn't expecting to take more than half an hour but 10 mins was pushing it!) She was very abrupt and rude.
Once we moved to the new room I realised we didn't have a sheet for the cot. The previous night it was too late to do anything about it. I called down to reception and spoke to the same lady to ask for a sheet for the cot. I tried to explain my request, met a couple of times with "I don't speak English" and eventually got her to understand, only to be met with a rude "no". I couldn't tell whether or not this was to do with it not being their cot, but one i had brought myself, but nevertheless it was clearly not something she was willing to do. I then said ok what if i want an extra sheet for the bed, to which i was also told no.
By this time we had already nicknamed the place the '5euro hotel' and so i was half expecting a charge but not an absolute, and rude, no. I hung up.

5 - there are no brushes or mops in the apartment, cleaning/sheet changing is every 4 days so with a toddler to clean up after this wasn't great. we did our best with kitchen roll and wet wipes but would have preferred to be able to clean a bit more.

6 - 2 calls to maintenance, one because there are no instructions for the washing machine and one when the air con stopped (both dealt with promptly and the maintenance guy was lovely).

All the other staff we spoke to were lovely apart from the particularly rude brunette.

I was definitely disappointed overall and like i say, wouldn't stay again.

It won't stop us going back to the area though as it is our favourite place.

Room tip: Rooms on street side are bigger. Request higher up and definitely don't stay on the 1st floor pool side.
Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank kelab1980
MediterraneoRealA, comercial at Mediterraneo Real Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2019

Dear kelab1980,

First of all, let me thank you for your feedback. We regret that we have not reached your expectations and we have taken notes of your comments to try to improve our services.
1 - We will get in touch with the company that you booked through to ask them to inform their clients about the extra charges of some services such as a baby cot and high chair.
2 - About the key, we only give one as we've had many people keeping them as a "souvenir", that's why we ask for a deposit of 5€ for any extra key, which we refund as soon as we get the keys back.
3 - The apartment being of a low floor is because most people with children ask us to be on a low floor as they are afraid of being on a high floor with a balcony and children; maybe we should have asked you on your arrival if you'd prefer a high or low floor; we will take this in consideration for the next clients.
4 - We will talk with the reception staff about this matter.
5 - The cleaning of the apartment is every 2 days with change of towels and 2 days later with a change of sheets, so every 2 days the apartments are cleaned. The problem is that we didn't know that you needed mop or brush, otherwise we would have brought it immediately to your apartment.

We are sorry to read that you are not coming back to our apartments but it is good to know that this experience will not stop you from enjoying Los Boliches and the Costa del Sol.

With kind regards,
Isabel T.

Reviewed 23 September 2019 via mobile

Great apartment. Great pool area. Great hotel cafe. However, guests are saving pool beds so hotel staff need to tour the area and remove towels from saved beds. Guests are smoking in the pool area instead of the hard floor pool area. Guests are being intimate in the pool so hotel staff should really do a tour of the pool area for example once an hour. Just a suggestion.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MediterraneoRealA, comercial at Mediterraneo Real Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2019

Dear LadyPenelopeOxton,

First of all, we thank you for staying with us and also for your feedback. We have taken note of your comments and suggestion, and we will do our utmost to improve our services. We try to do our best and work very hard to make our guests happy. We hope to welcome you again in a near future. With kind regards.

Reviewed 5 September 2019 via mobile

Arrived at our hotel... Room was ready perfect.. Just what we needed after an early morning flight.
Reception wanted credit card details upfront very strange anyway we proceeded..
We were THEN told that dinner (evening meal) will only be served until 5pm? This was not advertised, had we known this week would not have gone.
Then the problems began! Breakfast lovely but minimal 1 of each items and not much choice for kids - muslei for cereal. Evening meal we got back for 430 to then be told it is too late and we would not be accommodated if it will always be this time - this is when we went to rep, it wasn't suitable for us at all we don't leave the beach or have long days out till gone 6! The offer was to prepare something for us then to warm it up in the room. Rep gave us the option to go b&b with refund - suited us better so this is what we did.
Breakfast following morning...very very off with us made us feel uncomfortable therefore we did not return. My 2year old was expected to eat from our plates bearing in mind we were getting one of each item. We didn't return for the duration.

The fold up sofa bed in the living room. - we were never shown how to put this away!
This resulted in my 2 year old falling and cutting his head opening... Hospital trip!

Its very quiet is area which is nice but a long walk from the beach. The half board option has now been removed from our providers.
Many of the staff were lovely and the young receptionist who called a taxi for us to go to hospital could not have helped anymore genuinely concerned and really made an effort with the kids.
To us not family orientated especially not younger kids.
Nothing in the area for kids either unless your willing to walk..

Don't get me wrong the rooms are big and suitable if your willing to go on holiday and cook. But it was not suitable for our family at all

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
MediterraneoRealA, comercial at Mediterraneo Real Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2019

Dear guest,

First of all we thank you for staying with us and we regret not to have reached your expectations by 100%.
Regarding the credit card details, we always ask for a credit card number on arrival, this information is specified in the reservation and also in the paper that you sign when you are checking-in.
About the problems with the Half Board, unfortunately the problem started from the moment that the company that you booked through did not inform you that there was no evening dinner and as soon as you informed us that you were no happy with the half board, we didn't have any problem to refund the money. Despite this, we understand that you did not have the holiday that you expected and we are sorry for it.
We thank you for your feedback and we will do our utmost to improve our services.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

Stayed here in August spacious rooms with air con only thing that's let's it down is the snack bar by the pool it doesn't open long enough this need sorting otherwise end up walking to loca supermarket for snack s and drinks for children

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jason, First of all, we thank you for staying with us. We regret not to have reached your expectations by 100%. We have taken note of your comments and we will try to improve the services offered by the pool bar. We appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to improve every day. We hope to welcome you again. With kind regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2019

Just returned from a 1 week holiday with a large family group. Location was excellent. Quite area but only 5-10 minutes walk from the seafront and all the restaurants/shops. I was a little concern about previous reviews regarding it being uphill but it was very small and was managed comfortably by my 65 year old Mum and a buggy.

There is an excellent supermarket across the road which was very convenient. Hotel parking was expensive €10p/nt, but there was on street parking around. Watch out for no parking signs though as they are not as obvious as ours and our car was towed.

Apartments themselves are clean and very well equipped with dishwasher,washing machine and iron. Great AC and beds were very comfortable. Housekeeping comes every second day but on 2 days came before 10am in the morning. We were still in bed and they did not return later. They did however offer to leave fresh towels. The reception staff were lovely and very helpful (particularly the blonde haired receptionist who's name I can not recall)

My only issue was with the pool. As we had 4 children with us it was difficult to follow the many rules they had. I can understand no floats but they were not allowed to play with balls and they were not allowed jump in and they were not allowed play any group games. By the end of the week the kids did not want to go down to the pool as they couldn't play and unfortunately this would stop me returning.

The pool itself got he sun from noon onwards and there was never any issues with sunbeds.

Over all though very good accommodation in a very good area.

Room tip: Rooms overlooking the pool get the afternoon and evening sun.
Date of stay: July 2019