Parador de Carmona
Posada San Fernando(Carmona)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Bar/Lounge
US$94
  • Pool
El Rincon de las Descalzas(Carmona)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Breakfast included
US$129
US$112
US$69
Priceline
  • Pool
Hotel Mairena(Mairena del Alcor)
US$53
  • Restaurant
Hostal Nueva Andalucia(Alcala de Guadaira)
US$35
  • Room Service
Hotel Sandra(Alcala de Guadaira)
US$59
US$57
  • Restaurant
Hotel Oromana(Alcala de Guadaira)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$64
1,298 results
All reviewsstunning viewsdining roomold townswimming poolminute drivepublic areastop floorhistorical buildingmoorish fortresslocation is excellentview from the balconyreception staffstandard roomla yedrabeautiful hotelsmall windowsurrounding countryside
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Husband and I stayed here one night during our Andalucía road trip and it could not have been more of a nightmare. We were given room 217. We went to our room and were settling in and it was immediately obvious that we were beneath some sort of public area because the scraping of chairs on hard floors above us was VERY loud. I immediately went to the front desk to say that I was concerned about being able to sleep. I could see that we were directly below the seating area outside the restaurant. Carmen at the front desk told me that I was wrong and that I was hearing suitcases and luggage trolleys in the corridors, not chairs in the lounge area, and that I should give it 10 minutes and it would stop. 10 minutes later I returned to say that it was not stopping because it was obviously the chairs, and the noise was continuing as more people went to enjoy the view from the bar and its terrace. She told me I couldn’t be correct, she walked me to the bar area and said I was mistaken. My husband, who was in the room below, could literally hear us have that conversation in which she told me that I was wrong and the room was not below where we were. She angrily gave me a kay to look at a different room but told me as she gave it to me that it was worse. She was right, the second option was much smaller and had only a small window directly over the parking lot, so would be just as noisy with squeaking car wheels on the cobblestones and doors slamming. She consoled me when I was unhappy with being stuck in 217 by saying that I shouldn’t worry because the bar doesn’t open until 11 so there would be no noise in the morning. She led me to believe that meant that people wouldn’t be sitting in the area above the room but of course that was not the case, as that’s a lovely area to sit in before breakfast starts at 8, with a beautiful view of the sunrise. Sure enough starting at around 6am chairs began to be dragged around upstairs, I can’t imagine anyone sleeping through it. I looked at other reviews and many mention how loud rooms 215-219 are, so obviously the front desk woman knew what I was talking about yet still lied to me to convince me I was wrong. I was so disappointed as I looked forward to our Paradores stay. Most disappointing was the fact that I felt so disrespected as a customer. I had a valid concern that I identified right away and was met with dishonesty and denial. Upon check out, Carmen again was working. Through the check out a he did not make eye contact with me, nor did she ask how the stay was, as she knew it was awful. There was no follow up or discussion of adjusting anything. In hindsight, I wish we hadn’t wasted a day of our vacation here, we would have been better off with an extra day in Seville instead of with the American tour bus crowd in Carmona. We dined at the restaurant also, but that will be a separate review. Briefly, it was worse than the cafeteria food served at my workplace and our most expensive meal of the trip.

TL;DR: This Paradores was a horrible experience from start to finish and the way the front desk staff, in particular Carmen, treated me was worse than I’ve ever seen even in much less expensive, lower-starred hotels. Better off just to go take a picture of it and spend your time and money elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie S
Olivia R, General Manager at Parador de Carmona, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Leslie,
We are really sorry to read about your disappointment. You can be sure that your opinion will help us to improve our service and I regret not have had any information during your stay to deal with your complaint personally,
Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 30 March 2018

In a fantastic location with a particularly striking Restaurant and Resident's Lounge. Just a pity the weather prevented us from sitting in the Piazza. Although we had half board and so the menu was more limited there was a good choice and the food was very enjoyable. While the Reception staff were excellent, the same could not be said of the service in the dining room. Service was very slow as only one person was able to take orders and it was often difficult to attract the attention of staff eg for coffee at breakfast. It is worth paying extra for a balcony.

Stayed: March 2018
Olivia R, General Manager at Parador de Carmona, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Frederic,
Thank you very much for your review. Yor can be sure that your comments help us to improve our service, especially in the restaurant.
We hope that you can visit us again in the future and see that your comments have been taken into consideration.
Yours faithfully.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

This Parador is exceptionally well located, on top of a hill overlooking the plains surrounding Carmona and at the site of the old castle. You couldn't visit the ruins when we went but there were plenty of great features that we enjoyed within the hotel such as the stately sitting room and beautiful patio that they use in their promotional literature. Both are great places to enjoy a drink and they've kept the mudejar theme going nicely throughout the Parador. Even though the pool was closed we enjoyed a walk down into the gardens that hugged the mound, and there were more than enough interesting visits and sites in Carmona itself to keep us busy for a couple of days. Though it was busy, the staff at reception, in the bar and particularly the restaurant did a great job and remained cheerful and helpful at all times

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Paradores Hotels
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Large Parador located in old Moorish Fortress in Camona. Stunning views from bedrooms over valley floor. Building laden with historic detail although it has been extensively renovated in recent years. Some large tourist groups staying in the Parador resulted in a slow service in the restaurant. Good sized swimming pool in the gardens below the fortress. About half an hour drive to Seville. The restaurant was OK but not up to the standards of other Paradors that I have stayed in. The bedrooms, we moved once, were both great.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marc S
Reviewed 5 February 2018

The Carmona Parador is a fine old building, beautifully renovated. The room was spacious and comfortable with an extensive view of the countryside. Breakfast and lunch were excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Paradores Hotels
Olivia R, General Manager at Parador de Carmona, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Sir, Madam,
Thank you for sharing your review and specially for highlighting our staff, we are really happy that you fave enjoyed your stay.
We hope you can visit us in the near future.
Yours faithfully,