All reviewsromantic roomprivate spaboutique hotelromantic escapethe general manageramazing hotelprahova valleygreat designexcellent restaurantfavorite hotelfairy taleprofessional stafflobby barhigh priceshotel staffjunior suiteliving room
Reviewed 11 September 2014

I had the best stay at Ionana Hotel. We were originally only going to stay one night but stayed two, I wish we could have been there longer. The hotel was gorgeous, the scenery so serene. It was warm and welcoming inside and had everything perfect down to the details. The beds were amazing, it was like the mattress was hugging me every night, the robes were so comfortable. The service was also wonderful, I give them A+. Everyone we met was kind and helpful--particularly the manager (forgot his name) who helped us make travel arrangements and spoke perfect English. When my mom and I stayed there last month we really enjoyed walking around the town and we didn't even have to get a taxi to see the castles-- it was in walking distance. Also the breakfast at this place was the best food I had in Romania and the restaurant was so pretty-- it was like a forest tree house and they even had bunnies you could feed. I would love to return. I went with my mom but this is the kind of place couples would really enjoy as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ioana H, Executive Manager at Ioana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2014

Dear misseclare,

Thanks for your amazing review. We are thrilled to hear that you and your mom had a great stay, fun and memorable experience and were wowed by the service provided to you.
We would love to have you back as our guests. Please return soon!

Kind Regards,
Executive manager

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We are comming each year here and from now we are going to came more ofen. Why? Beacuse the services quality and the facilities are increasing each year. The kindness and prompt reactivity of the staff it is highre than everything seen in Romania so far...even in 5* hotels.
So, to proove my comments: during our trip to Sinaia we get in contact with Mihaela Labusca,
Sales Manager in order to ask to keep our reservation even we were late.She was there when arriving( h9.30pm), confirming our reservation and welcoming us with some drinks.
We were, also, very stressed, as our kid it is very active. The staff was providing a lot of reinsurement in this sense. He was welcomed with small bag of toys that kept his attention for a while and let us have our drinks :). In the hotel it is a wonderfull playground place with a babysitter service. Stefania it is a gifted one, as it was the first time when he addmitted to stay with her and we had the chance of "one full hour" :) just the two of us in lobby.
The lobby is cozy, with a fireplace and e-booking facilities. Even that it was Saturday, late evening, the Executive manager, Attila, was there to just exchange some words. Relaxed and discret it took the opportunity to explain us about their services.
What it is very targeted, different here, and generally the Romanian Turism is missing: it is the entertainment. This it is provided here. They have a full program, trying to get the best of the sites that can be visited arround Sinaia. Also, each weekend they are organising some concerts.
Other point to highlight it is the Reception. It was happened to forget my kid diapers home and for me it was amaizing that at 1am the receptionist to came with a package of Pampers. they were forseen even such situations! Also when we needed a medicine, the Receptionist was calling, in a second, a taxi ask it to go dowm in the city to buy it. Thank you, again!
Another point it is the Restaurant: very good food, a little beat expensive but well ambiance(not easy to build a restaurant in the forest and to preserve also the environment). They have kids menu, too...and some rabbits running arround :).
Congrats again for the way that this place it is managed! A very personalised approach and excelent place.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura M

Dear Laura M,

Thank you for writing such an amazing review for Ioana Hotels! We are extremely thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
Make sure you keep an eye out for our New Year's packages! You will certainly enjoy what we have to offer.
I hope to see you at the hotel soon!

Best Regards,
Executive manager

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I spent two weekends at this hotel and I was very pleased both times. The staff is nice and helpful, the rooms are large and clean, the wi-fi internet is high speed indeed. Each room is provided with a kettle, so you can enjoy a cup of coffee or tea in the fresh air on the balcony. The food in Forest restaurant is very tasty and fresh, I particularly liked the oven lamb. I also recommend the spa. One can easily see that management is really interested in guest satisfaction.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TravellerDanas

Dear TravellerDanas,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Ioana Hotels Sinaia.
We are, indeed, very focused on guest satisfaction and guest experience. We strive to provide top quality services and products to all of our guests and it is absolutely amazing when we receive such great reviews based on what we do.
We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have just left the Ioana Hotel after an all too short stay but it was long enough for us to recognize it as being one of the best hotels we've stayed at in Europe. To begin with, the hotel is beautiful and in a fantastic position on the edge of a beautiful town with lots to do. The hotel offered to collect us without charge, from the railway station and on arrival, we were immediately made to feel at home by the Executive Manager Attila, who welcomed us with a glass of chilled bubbly. He offered to give us a tour of the hotel and, despite having several requests of the hotel, he managed to fulfill all of them.

After a tiring walk down the mountain behind the hotel (we went up it by cable car), he arranged for a private jacuzzi and sauna session for us in the hotel's beauty salon, soothing away our aches an pains.

Later that evening, he and the general manager spend a lot of their time talking with us about Romania and what we should experience whilst there.

In the morning when we were due to leave, a return journey to the station was waiting for us.

Unusual aspects of the hotel were the free kindles you can borrow for reading, the 'back to nature' restaurant where rabbits hop around you as you eat, the offer to be woken up in the night to come and see the bears when they wander near the hotel, children's play facilities indoors and out, a cozy seating area that's more like a family lounge and the philosophy of the hotel that it wishes to give much of itself to the guests in order to make their stay memorable.

Try the hotel and you'll find plenty that surprises and nothing that disappoints.

Room Tip: The hotel's apartments are amazing; on three levels with many conveniences including iPads.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear David L,

What a wonderful review! I would like to thank you on behalf of myself and my team for all the warm words.
I am looking forward to seeing you here again, so our General Manager and I can greet you again!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent hotel, very nice rooms, nice decorations, good services.
Our room had a great view, very nice lobby are witha fireplace, bar and confortable coaches.
The restaurant colud be better, but there are a lot of good restaurants at walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Adrian M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
As we are always improving, I would like to invite you back to stay with us again and experience the changes that we have made based on all of our guests' feedback.

Kind Regards,