All reviews breakfast was delicious homemade brown bread excellent hosts few minutes drive pleasure of staying one night bed was comfortable spent two nights the main house beautiful house plenty of parking stay there again town centre excellent stay double room very pleasant stay other guests
Reviewed 27 July 2018

stayed just the one night when attending a charity function in Mullingar, Lovely host welcomed us & showed us to room which was in the house next door, & asked what time we would like breakfast next morning, lovely clean room but being on the main road you could hear quite a lot of road noise , I had requested a double room but it showed up as twin, I rang & was told that rooms had a double & single bed, well the one we had had two singles, but as we were only there for the one night it wasn't a big deal, breakfast next morning was excellent with a good variety of fruit , cereal ,brown soda bread & toast, I had the most delicious omelet I have ever tasted, overall a very pleasant stay with excellent hosts. Parking is available at the rear of the main house.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank EireGriffy
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Spent two nights at this B&B while we were in town for a wedding at the hotel next door. The hosts were very helpful and super friendly. We had two rooms in the adjacent house which was quiet and parking right outside. Breakfast was home cooked by the hosts and nothing was to much for our fussy eaters. Beds were a little small but comfortable. When we were leaving the host came out to the car specifically say goodbye to the teenagers sitting in the back seat. A good indicator of someone who cared about their guests. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Babs2244, Owner at Marlinstown Court, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind comments and glad you enjoyed your stay
with us. Hope you had a nice time in London and have a safe trip home.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Wonderful location with top class service from the perfect hosts. Cannot recommend Marlinstown Court highly enough. Accommodation, the welcome, the breakfast menu, all simply excellent.
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel at home. A very relaxing stay just when we needed it most. Thank you both for providing an oasis of calm to enable us to recharge our batteries.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Babs2244, Owner at Marlinstown Court, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thanks Patrick and Karen for your kind comments.
So glad we were able to accommodate you and make your transition a little
easier.

Wishing you both every happiness in your new home

Larry and Barbara

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended. Booked this as a stop-over in Mullingar on way from Dublin to Sligo. Larry and Barbara welcoming hosts. Very tasty breakfast prepared to order. Around twenty five minute walk into town centre. Check out Canton Casey bar - friendly barman, good atmosphere and a lovely pint of Guinness and Dingle Gin and tonic.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Babs2244, Owner at Marlinstown Court, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thanks Colin for your kind review. So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us
and liked the breakfast.
Hopefully you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Nice small guesthouse that suited my needs for an overnight business trip. I visited with my partner in earlier this year and was quiet happy with the accomodation.
The people running the place were friendly but not overly so as to be invasive. The rooms were light airy and linen towels clean etc. The shower in the room we had was a bit small but I got my wash so job done.
The only point I would raise and the reason I docked the premises a point was because the tops of the photos, mirrors curtain rails etc were covered in a heavy dust and had not been rubbed down for some time.
However I would not like this to reflect on the overall cleanliness of the building as the rest was very clean.
Breakfast was very good with a nice variety on offer. Parking was secure. Other guests were quiet and for an overnight stay with reasonable pricing I would return no problem.
Great value considering an overnight stay in the hotel next door is nearly triple the cost

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Babs2244, Owner at Marlinstown Court, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Tom C
Thank you so much for your very honest review and I am very sorry for the reason that you
had to dock us a point.
We can only continue to improve on our service and conditions if we have people like you that
bring these things to our attention.

I can assure you that this has been taken care of and we will make sure that it does not happen again.

Hopefully it will not deter you from coming back to stay with us again.