“Restaurant ”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Once again I thoroughly enjoyed
My lunch here and I was back at work on time, even though restaurant was very busy. The staff were courteous and helpful with lots of smiles. I can’t believe that it was almost a year since I was there last. I will be back again soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

On our first trip to Ireland we were staying in Mulingar after visiting New Grange, and had read about this restaurant on Trip Advisor. Thank you reviewers who recommended this restaurant. If for no other reason, this restaurant alone is worth the trip to Mulingar. The chef/owner is a wonder; and certainly not to be expected in a small town such as this. My husband had sea trout and I had sirloin steak. We returned the next evening for dinner, and were given a private table in the old bell tower. (Very romantic). On this occasion we both had the church hamburger. Huge! - complete with fries and salad! And the flavours were huge also. The food is certainly one of the best if not THE best that I have ever eaten in any restaurant, bar none. I am surprised that the chef, who is no less than genius, has not been approached by proprietors in first-class restaurants in mainland Europe. (Maybe he has.) I understand from our waitress that he has a family, and Mulingar is home to them. So future visitors to this town will still be able to taste his exquisite food. And talk about the staff! I have never felt so welcomed in any restaurant. Our waitress, Nicole, was fantastic, as was the maitre d', Pat. When we left it was almost like leaving family - hugs and handshakes all around. When we return to Ireland in the future, we will make it a point to go to Mullingar if only to eat at the Church Restaurant.

1  Thank Carole P
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Had a beautiful lunch at a very reasonable price.Very Quaint building and nicely set out. Served by Lisa who looked after us very well. Will go again.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

We had no expectations when a nearby pub recommended the Church Restaurant, but we were blown away by the excellent service, delicious food and thoughtful owner, Pat. Some of our party were vegetarians and Pat made sure that they were very well catered for, even offering off-the-menu meals. The house wine was excellent too. All in all, a surprisingly enjoyable evening. Would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Just finished my meal at the church restaurant today amazing food excellent staff very attentive Pat the owner could not do enough for us. A family member is celiac and vegetarian, Pat went out of his way to look after her. Highly recommended this restaurant to all. Can't wait to go again.