“very average”

Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Mullingar
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days per week JP's Steak House Italian Restaurant provides the very best cuisine in Irish Steak and local fresh ingredients. All of our meat is from An Bord Bia approved suppliers and is hung for a minimum of 21 days for maximum tenderness. All of our meat dishes contain mince made in house from the off cuts of Fillet and Sirloin steak. Our 100% steak mince is used in our Fresh Lasagne, Home Made Burgers and Bolognese sauces. We also have a wide-ranging menu for Vegetarians and Gluten Free options for Celiac requirements on all of our dishes except Pizza and Pasta. Seating capacity for up to 70 people open 7 days per week. Takeaway menu also available. Wheelchair Access & Facilities.
Reviewed 1 week ago

We went here because it got top rating on Tripadvisor so had high hopes. Food was good - not the best i have had in Mullingar (my fillet steak was waaaay overcooked - my husbands ribeye was cooked well ) . Not cheap. Did not meet my expectations on food and atmosphere - pretty forgettable really. I will be happy to try somewhere else next time.

2  Thank gettingaway11

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Even if we have been leaving in town for years, for an unknown reason we have never been there to eat. So we tried on a Sunday night and it was a great experience. The food is very good. The staff is very welcoming.
We definitely will come back.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Lovely restaurant with a great menu, fabulous food and service. Great atmosphere. One of the best places to eat in Mullingar!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our meal here the other night. food was very tasty, served at a nice pace meaning we hadnt to wait too long for any course and weren't rushed between courses either.food was hot and very tasty. Only fault was our steaks were a tiny bit tough and there was a taste of cinnamon off both the baileys cheesecake and the banoffi pie. we dont know if this came from the apple and cinnamon pie which was also on the menu that night or was in the base of both those desserts also. However, it was still an absolutly fabulous meal and i would still highly recommend the place. Looking forward to our next meal here. There menu is very appealing with lots of options for different preferences.Defo worth a visit!

Reviewed 23 October 2018

Myself and my wife got married on the 26th of September 2013.
Fast forward 5 years to the day and at 19:35 my wife delivered our second child.

Naturally, given the preoccupation of the day that was in it, we didn't actually officially celebrate our anniversary. My wife had suffered with hyperemesis the whole way through the pregnancy so apart from the usual pregnancy no-go foods, she'd been able to eat feck all for the about 8 of the last 9 months; so the plan was to try and bring her a romantic, belated anniversary, congrats-you-can-finally-eat-again-here's-what-you've-been-missing dinner in her ward in Mullingar hospital.
Now it was a pretty last minute plan, and visiting hours are pretty tight, and I still had No.1 at home to look after for the afternoon so I left the house in a hurry and without much research done into the available options.

So I wandered about the town for a while looking for some form of takeaway that would more closely resemble a nice romantic dinner than a chinese, indian etc... and figured I'd chance my arm with JP's. At the time I didn't know they actually had a takeaway menu and the plan had simply been to ask them to box something up for me - happily they do have a takeaway menu and it's non too shabby either.

I managed to get a starter, mains, and desserts to bring with me for more than reasonable money, and whilst I'd remembered to bring some wine and wine glasses with me, I'd forgotten to bring cutlery.

JP's don't have take away cutlery.

However rather than leave me in a lurch under the circumstances, they actually gave me some of their 'dishwasher stained' restaurant cutlery to take with me instead under no promise of return whatsoever! They were happy for me to have it as they 'weren't going to use it anyway'! (Now if there's staining on this cutlery, I can't find it - and I am fully intent on dropping it back)

So off I tod, with my restaurant grade, three course, take-away meal with wine and proper cutlery into my wife on the ward - and the stars fairly aligned for us because it just happened that a few hours before I came in, the other ladies who'd been in the ward with her were each discharged, so we had the whole room to ourselves to enjoy what turned out to be probably one of the most romantic meals we've ever had.

The food was unbelievably good. We shared a prawn starter. She had a medium rare steak main, and a great big slice of cheese cake dessert, all accompanied by a smashing red wine, all in our own 'private' ward, with our 24 hour old baby boy dozing away beside us, ...and real cutlery to boot.

She loved it, I loved it, and I couldn't be more grateful to JP's for making it happen!

Date of visit: September 2018