US$189
Annebrook House Hotel(Mullingar)(Great Value!)
US$102
Lough Owel Lodge(Mullingar)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$103
Mullingar B&B(Mullingar)(Great Value!)
US$91
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstayed herefree wififollowing morningsingle roombedroom windowlovely friendly stafflast weekendlovely hotelbreakfast was includedfriday nightgarvan24hoursbargatedcurtainsirelandhairdryer
Reviewed 9 April 2018

During the bad snow storm I became stranded in Mullingar after having to travel from Longford because my partner needed to visit A&E, she ended up having to stay overnight in the hospital.

Online the hotel was showing availability so I arrived in the hotel around 9-10pm advising that I needed a single room so gave credit card details and paid the amount for single room. (59 euro)

Stayed in hotel by myself, had breakfast by myself, left hotel by myself. I was reviewing my credit card bill a few weeks later and noticed a second charge by the hotel of 31E a few days after I checked out. I emailed the hotel asking what was up and I received the following reply.

"As there were two people for Breakfast from your room the following Morning of your stay, we strongly believe that the second person has also stayed in the hotel. Our room rate for a Twin/Double room was 90.00 EUR that night. Therefore an additional charge of 31.00 EUR has incurred."

So I was called a liar and my credit card was charged without my consent. I emailed the hotel back. This time I received an apology that shortage of staff resulted in wrong information being relayed. There was no staff shortage when I received the first reply, this should have been looked at more closely before replying.

But how on earth did they, without a preauthorization charge my credit card? I emailed back asking this question as in my head this is credit card fraud. Over a week has passed and silence. I can only assume my credit card details were written down to enable the later charge.

The hotel itself was adequate, as I don't eat meat/eggs/dairy I was limited at breakfast and there was no dairy free margarine so had dry toast with mushrooms, beans, hash brow.

The room was large and I found the bed comfortable enough. But I would never stay in this hotel again, the experience left a very sour taste in my mouth. Never in any hotel I've stayed in has this type of thing happened.

Hopefully in future they will give customers benefit of the doubt or at least spend a few minutes to check facts out before asserting paying guests are liars and then decide to very sneakily take unauthorized payments.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

The staff were incredibly nice but for 90euro we got a room that was like furnice due to it being connected to a kitchen from what I'm presuming is either the on site chinese or there own. They say country style, I would say this room was just outdated and one lamp not working. We got room 119 so I would just maybe say request to not get that room. It has a view of the lrovate car park and is beside the back external door which gets slammed by rwturning residents at night. However as I said tbe staff are very nice and the breakfast was very good. We had a slot in a secure car park also. All in all was not overly impressed for the price. 50/60 would have been much for acceptable for the standard of the room. Convienient location though and did the job just over priced.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Enda W
Reviewed 29 November 2017

We travel to Mullingar every month and we always have lunch in the Newbury Hotel with Garvan and the lovely friendly staff. Yesterday my husband had steak IT was delicious and I had the lamb chops which were succulent. I love this boutique hotel with its convenience to the shops. Parking is available at the back which is a gem when the town is busy.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for hen party ☺️☺️.. staff on arrival were very helpful .. rooms very clean and spacious .. close to town ☺️☺️breakfast was lovely ☺️ dinner in evening was gorgeous ☺️☺️ highly recommend it

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Terrible . Do avoid if possible . Came here 10pm last night and when we had booked on our phone earlier we booked as we were told we could pay cash and no fee would be taken from debit card which was a lie ,they took the nights fee straight away €80 and we booked it because it had highly advertised breakfast included which is another lie it was not included we had to pay another €20 the foreigners that worked there had no clue and when I tried to show them what I booked they were baffled by it and could t explain and started making up excuses of how I pushed the wrong button lol . Steer clear people . Never again

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple