All reviews walled garden drawing room wedding venue overlooking the lake rowing boat hidden gem relaxed atmosphere wedding reception sitting area magical experience special place four poster old world charm beautiful grounds fabulous wedding owners and staff perfect venue
Reviewed 6 August 2015

Just back home from three nights in this lovely warm, charming place. A real home-from-home atmosphere, that our whole family thoroughly enjoyed, we were so well looked after by the owners (even tea, coffee and cakes on arrival) and delighted with the room we were given. Beds really comfortable, views of the lake beautiful and everything you would want in the room was there. Breakfasts were a pleasure to come down for, we were spoiled for choice and everything was fresh, delicious and cooked to order. The whole house is gorgeous, and the gardens and grounds are beautiful too. The weather wasn't great while we were there, but the house was always warm and cosy and had a lovely atmosphere. Just something charming that you couldn't put your finger on. Just loved it.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 5 August 2015

It was great to see all the work done by PJ to open up all the gorgeous views at Ashley. It is looking lovely. We were sad to hear of Sean's accident though. We wish him well and a swift return to Ashley. Meanwhile, the atmosphere is still the same, magical and the breakfasts are wonderful. Margaret is the most considerate hostess too.

Thanks for everything and we look forward to returning soon.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Margaret M, Manager at Ashley Park House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2015

Hi Mucklehill,

Thank you for your review. It was so great to see you both again this year Polly. I hope you have a good trip to the west of Ireland. We are looking forward to meeting you both next year - I am very hopeful Sean will meet you at the door!

All the very best,

Margaret

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Just back from two night in Ashley Park. A wonderful experience. From the moment of arrival to leaving everything was top class. Margaret is an excellent host and runs a very professional yet relaxed establishment. The house is beautiful and there are lovely views over the lake. A great place to go to relax and get away from it all. We had dinner one night which was very tasty and good value and the breakfast was lovely - made to order which makes all the difference.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 31 July 2015

I booked a double room for August 1st, 2015. My booking was accepted and I was asked to confirm by booking by email, which I did. I offered credit card details but was told they were not necessary. A few days later I got an email from the owner saying there was no availibility. Obviously a bigger party had sought accommodation. I CONSIDER THIS AN ABOMINABLE WAY OF DOING BUSINESS!

Room tip: Do not choose any!
Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank 819una
Margaret M, Manager at Ashley Park House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Dear Una,
We are so sorry to have disappointed you. We did not have a large group of people book - there was two weddings in the area and your booking came in last. Unfortunately I am spending a lot of time in the hospital with my dad and our new staff didn't realize we were fully booked.
Your booking came over a before the wedding on the 1st of August and was canceled a few days after.
The booking was canceled over 4 weeks before the wedding on the 1st of August. I am so sorry to have disappointed you.
Kind regards,
Margaret

Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

I have been travelling Ireland for the past 3 weeks staying at a variety of different places from hostels to B&B's, hotels etc. And I have to say this has been one of my absolute favourite places I have stayed! The place is incredible and all the staff are very friendly and unbelievably helpful. The food was also fantastic, if you stay I highly recommend getting the dinner, it is very filling but so good you will want more. Finally I have to mention the bed, it was so comfy I didn't want to get up in the morning.

Trip type: Travelled solo