All reviews walled garden drawing room wedding venue overlooking the lake rowing boat hidden gem relaxed atmosphere wedding reception sitting area magical experience special place four poster old world charm beautiful grounds fabulous wedding owners and staff perfect venue
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

Arriving at lunch time on a friday, we were welcomed into the hotel by Margaret, whom immediately offered us a drink and cakes as our rooms weren't ready, we were made to feel very welcome.

The location is fantastic, view over the lake is outstanding, the grounds are stunning.

If your wanting a meal I highly recommend that you have the evening meal, it's delicious. Well worth a try!!. The breakfast is fabulous, it's a selection of cereals, crossaints breads, fruits and a selection of cooked breakfast.

All the bedrooms are on the upper floor and are well presented, we were very fortunate to have a large bedroom with sitting area and a large spacious bathroom overlooking the lake.

Nothing is too much trouble for Margaret and the staff They made our stay.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

We had the pleasure of staying in Ashley Park House on the weekend of 27th June where my brother had his wedding ceremony and reception. We arrived on the Friday afternoon to be greeted by other members of family & friends who had travelled from near and far for the wedding and instantly it felt like a home from home (if only I had a home like this!).
The arrival was made better by the beautiful weather and so throughout the afternoon and into the evening we took the kids (5+6) around the grounds and watched how they too fell in love with this magical place, playing on the tree swing, skimming stones of the lake and looking for the "Gruffalo" in the forest and at various times coming across other friends doing the same.
We did not stay in the main house but in the attached cottage to the back, which was perfect for us. The accommodation looked and smelt clean and was beautifully and sympathetically decorated. There is a main bedroom and we had two beds made up in the living area for the kids which was to be ideal for the following night of the wedding when my nephew also had a sleepover.
The morning of the wedding felt anything but as everything seemed so relaxed. A few of us put up punting at the front of the house to the sound of classical musical softly playing inside and watched on as the wedding flowers landed and the staff quietly set up for the ceremony to be held in the garden by the lake. No detail went unmissed and no job seemed to big for either Margaret or the staff.
The ceremony was beautiful and afterwards everyone relaxed around the gardens drinking a mixture of delicious cocktails prepared by the bar staff and nibbles by the kitchen. Unfortunately the weather was soon to break, but going indoors was not a bad option. Ashley Park House gives the feeling of a place stuck in time, where the fabrics are rich and warm in colour and the authentic furniture is apparent throughout - waiting for dinner to be served was a pleasure in such surroundings.
It's hard to pin point a highlight about the wedding day, as everything was perfect but as far as wedding meals go this was definitely one of the best I've ever had. Fish was fresh, meat succulent and the vegetable and potatoes where done to perfection. It may have also helped that the crockery and cutlery were of a higher standard!
Once the meal and speeches were over the music started and the real party got underway.
I had contacted Margaret a few weeks earlier to see if she could recommend a child-minder for the evening and she suggested a girl called Jackie who they have used in the past. For anyone coming with kids and needing a child-minder please ask for her - she was great! She arrived promptly at 9pm and even though I couldn't get my kids off the dance floor she seemed more than relaxed to wait until they were ready. The next morning the kids were telling me how much fun they had watching films with Jackie.
On the final day, Sunday or so I'd thought, we decided that we should stay one more night and get a chance to enjoy this fabulous house all on our own - great decision! Everyone left one by one to eventually there was no one left (apart from the odd couple coming for what seemed like Sunday tea). We had a further treat when a young lady entered the drawing room (where we were playing chess and drinking hot chocolate) and started to play the harp and then the violin, it was the quietest my kids had been all weekend in awe of her.
The following morning after another first class breakfast we reluctantly packed our bags for the journey home. Pulling out of the drive I realised that unlike most weekends away, (and I know the extra day helped) I was going home feeling relaxed, rested and ready for life and for this reason above all else I promise to be back.

Hidden gem - To Margaret, Jackie and all the staff, Thank you

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TashaB123
Reviewed 15 July 2015

Ashley Park House was so much more than we expected. The staff was outstanding from setting up early breakfasts on days we wanted to leave early on road trips to helping us attain train tickets for a day in Dublin. They were absolutely the best hosts. We had dinner at Ashley one evening and it was outstanding. The breakfasts every morning were just the best. The staff did everything in their power to make our stay memorable. The rooms were so comfortable and clean. We'd definitely stay there again on any return trip to Ireland.

Room tip: Red room is very special with two beds and a fire place. The Blue Room is airy and bright.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary Anne S
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

What an amazing experience we had at Ashley Park House, we had our wedding there on the 4th of July 2015 and the staff could not have been more helpful, the house looked beautiful and we were spoilt from the moment we arrived there until the end. Margaret helped all of our guests find their way home at the end of the night and made sure that all of our guests were looked after. The breakfast was amazing and we were made to feel extremely welcome throughout the whole wknd. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting the 5* experience l!!!

3  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

Stayed in ashley park house on 5 th July with my wife to celebrate our first wedding anniversary having held our reception here last year. Delighted to see lots of work having been done on the landscaping without losing any of its charm. Warm welcome with tea/coffee offered on arrival. Beautiful suite room with views of the lake. Excellent professional personal service from staff including manager Margaret. Excellent value 4 course meal that evening. Top quality food beautifully cooked. Overall an excellent place for weekend getaway and look forward to returning soon.

1  Thank Paddy K