“Lovely dinner and atmosphere”

The Thatched Cottage
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Nenagh
Price range: US$19 - US$47
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It was our last night in Nenagh and we picked here. When we drove up the place had such a charm of what the cottages back in the day looked like. We sat in front of the fire which was so cozy. The dinner was delicious. I had the burger which was tastier than ever and hubby had seafood lasagna which he loved. It was a fantastic find off the beaten path of town. Def worth the money! You won’t be disappointed

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Great food great atmosphere great staff!! Pizza is really good! My kids liked eating here and it wasn’t far from where we were staying

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

High end pub/restaurant/event centre in village setting.
Reasonable prices - good service - good food.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We were starving headed down the highway. My sister asked me to Google a lunch place. I found this place not far off the main road. We are from California. We had no clue what to expect. The area was very nice. When we arrived parking was simple.
We went inside and it was darling, cozy and delightful charm. Looked like a lot of locals go there, which is always a plus. We had lunch. We were 6 people. 2 of us had soup. Large portion, delicious. 2 had a meal from the walk through stations, and 2 of us had the ham/lamb carving station with all the trimmings. I still have not forgotten how delicious the food was. Large portions! Very reasonable, full bar, gluten free friendly. As for the GF issues, 3 of us have them, the chef was amazing and extremely knowledgeable. When I go back to Ireland I will stop here again!!!! Until then no doubt one of my favorite stops!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

A lovely atmosphere with friendly staff and great food. The carvery has people flocking from all over.