All reviews continental breakfast strandhill lodge boiled eggs seaweed bath ipod dock the atlantic ocean nespresso machine dvd library balcony room self service strand bar mini fridge yogurt residents lounge ice bucket strand hill cold meats
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Rate was very reasonable, room was lovely very clean. Service was outstanding and manager went out of his way to help. Breakfast was a continental type breakfast but was fantastic. Well reccomended. Top choice.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Fadsie
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Fadsie

Thankyou so much for taking the time to review; i'm delighted you found all to be to your satisfaction.

We try to offer top quality service and accommodation at a reasonable affordable rate. I am glad that we are continuing to reach that goal.

If you are booking in the future please contact us directly and we'd be delighted to offer a similar room. I look forward to welcoming you back to Strandhill soon.

Thankyou again for your review we always value feedback.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

This lodge is a lovely place to stay. The rooms are very spacious and beautifully furnished. The bed was very comfortable and the room had all you would expect from a very good hotel.
We arrived late and after a long journey on a cold night it was very welcoming that the room was toasty warm. David (manager) was very friendly and helpful with our dining plans. It is obvious that the management and staff of this establishment really make every effort to make your stay the most enjoyable it can be. Plus the 'extra touches' like free tea/coffee machine in lounge makes it all the more enjoyable. Breakfast is continental but this was explained to me when i booked and i must say there was a very good variety of good quality products. Overall i felt for the price we paid it was excellent value for money and I would definately reccommend this place to anyone.

I would definately reccommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maria99-12

Dear Maria99-12

Thankyou for taking the time to review; and for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us. Im delighted that you found everything to your satisfaction. I have passed your comments on to the staff as it is always nice to receive such compliments.

The extras we provide are designed just to enhance your stay and i'm glad that you found they do. The restaurants that are so close to us act as a teriffic enhancement to what we offer and we are delighted to have such high quality establishments within such close proximity.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and i'd be delighted to accommodate you and welcome you back again; please contact me directly when booking.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is by far one of the nicest places I've stayed in (and I regularly stay in hotels). The staff couldn't possibly have been more friendly or helpful, even had a box of dvds for us to choose from to watch during our stay! It was absolutely spotless clean! The views were breathtaking, the beds so so comfortable, lovely shower...just couldn't fault the place! Within walking distance to everything too!

Room Tip: Why not spoil yourself with a suite like we did...they're huge! 2 flat screens
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meg d
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear Meg D

Thankyou for taking the time to review; and for such a favourable review.

Im delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the services we have to offer. The views are indeed stunning and the local area really compliments us splendidly. I am so glad that you found your room to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back in 2012; if i can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

stayed here 2011 for my sister's hen weekend. staff were really helpful when organising and welcoming. brilliant weekend- lots of fun :) would recommend to anyone...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Gilli26

Thankyou so much for your kind review; and for taking the time to do so.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the local area to your liking.

If we can be of any assistance in booking upcoming trips please do not hesitate to call; we look forward to welcoming you back in 2012.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Had a great stay in this beautiful hotel. Lovely location and the manager David was an absolute gent. Thought the interior design was very tastefully done, any idea who was responsible?

Room Tip: The suites are well worth the extra money
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
DavidMcCoy, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear DMF88

Thankyou so much for taking the time to review; and thankyou for your congratulations it is greatly appreciated. We are still in shock to be honest but the positive comments have been fantastic for our first year. The key is to keep it up.

With regards to the interior design; the interior design was completed by the owner Mary Henry and Interior designer Angela Finnegan. Our furnishings were by Simon Scott and Abbey Upholstery, Plan 4 and numerous other suppliers.

I look forward to welcoming you to Strandhill in future and if i can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.