SURF & STAY(Strandhill)(Great Value!)
US$68
Hotwire.com
US$96
Cois Re Apartments(Strandhill)
Agoda.com
All reviewscontinental breakfaststrandhill lodgeboiled eggsseaweed bathipod dockthe atlantic oceannespresso machinebalcony roomself servicestrand barmini fridgeyogurtresidents loungeice bucketdvd playerstrand hillrooms are spacious
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Just returned from a great weekend in Sligo - stayed in the Strandhill Lodge and Suites and it was just wonderful. Fabulous room with balcony overlooking the Beech and Golf Course - wonderful decor - its all very new so very trendy rooms and well finished. Breakfast was continental - no cooked breakfast but didnt even miss it - wonderful choice of cereals, fresh fruit, pastries etc.. they even have a great coffee machine in reception that you can help yourself to!

We dined in the Venue Bar and Restaurant just next door to it and had a wonderful meal - I had rack of Lamb - cooked to perfection!

Wonderful staff - David the GM checked us in and gave us loads of hints and tips of what was in the area! next time I go Ill be more prepared and avail of the opportunity to take surf lessons as its only minutes from this great.

So all in all - great spot to stay and I will def reccommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Strandhill1798, General Manager at Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Hi Larkinclan

Many thanks for your kind review;

I'm delighted you enjoyed your Strandhill experience and that you enjoyed all the amenities in the village. We are very lucky to have our accommodation complimented by excellent Bars and restaurants so close.

The balcony rooms are indeed impressive and more so on the those summer evenings (what little there was!).

Thankyou again for taking the time to review and we all look forward to welcoming you on your return.

David McCoy

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Stayed here during the Warrior Run, I booked at the last minuite and was lucky to get a room, I was disapointed that there was no hot breakfast cos I love a fry in the morning. They do a continental breakfast and I have to say I was very pleasently surprised when I went to breakfast and the quality and variety of the breakfast was absoulty suburb and I can honestly say I did not miss the fry up. The room was gorgeous and new with a beautiful view we also had a seating aera outside from our room, Cannot praise this Hotel enough

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 September 2011

Dear Badgerswife

Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind review;

I'm delighted you enjoyed your time us and that you enjoyed the breakfast also; It is continental as you mentioned but we like to think that it is comprehensive enough with variety and choice that you don't miss the full Irish.

I hope the warriors run worked out well for you; it is a fantastic occasion in Strandhill over 700 runners and a great festival atmosphere; i hope that your time was what you hoped for!

Thankyou so much again for taking the time to write your review; I look forward to welcoming you both back again for the next warriors run!

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Myself and my fiancee stayed in the Strandhill Lodge last week (aug 11) for two nights and we had an absolutely superb time. The room overlooked the the local golf course and lakes and the sea. The hotel caught your eye in a great way all throughout the Strandhill area, especially from the top of the sand dunes. David and his staff were exceptionally friendly efficient and helpful. The standard of hygeine was fantastic it puts every other hotel we have stayed in to shame!! We cannot wait to get the chance to go back !!!

Room Tip: the view is bettter upstairs but you have the patio downstairs!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 September 2011

Dear MariaB

Thankyou so much for taking the time to write a review; it is greatly appreciated and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We strive to maintain high standards when it comes to hygiene and cleanliness; so i'm delighted that you found this to your satisfaction. The views are indeed spectacular from the balcony and patio rooms and we believe all to be of a high standard.

I hope you can both return soon; please let me know when booking and we will ensure you get your preferred room!

Thankyou again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

My family and I stayed in Strandhill Lodge and Suites in August. On arrival we were upgraded to a suite, which was huge. Perfect for a family. We received a friendly greeting on arrival, David the general manager was very helpful, and the girl on reception (can't remember her name!) was very pleasant, informative and helpful also.
Our bedroom was large with beautiful views, iPod dock, flatscreen tv/dvd, comfortable bed, modern furnishings etc. The bathroom was a decent size and spotlessly clean. The sitting room/kitchenette was very big, with a sofabed, fridgefreezer, microwave, kettle etc, another tv/dvd player which is great for keeping the kids occupied. There was a good selection of dvd's available to borrow at reception. Also the fridge was well stocked with mineral water and juice pouches.
We did not experience any noise disturbances during our 2 nights in the hotel, and the bed was comfortable. We enjoyed the continental breakfast, there is a good selection of bars/restaurants in the area also. The hotel is about a 10 min walk to the beach. Strandhill itself is an unspoilt beach very popular with surfers. It doesn't seem to have turned into a tourist trap like many beaches on the coast. Sligo in general doesn't seem very tourist-y, which we loved. We actually preferred Sligo to Galway, which is very overrated in comparison.
To sum up, we would definitely return here if we came back to Sligo and have already recommended the hotel to family members. The hotel is clean, comfortable and modern, service is attentive but not fussy and it is situated in a beautiful location between Knocknarea hill and the beach.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 September 2011

Dear DeeCork

Thankyou for taking the time to sit and review us; and I appreciate the feedback about us and about Strandhill. I'm glad you felt so much to your liking and the fact that you had a such good time makes our job all the better.

As i often mention to our guests and friends alot of thought went into the furnishings and fittings to provide guests with comfort and modernity as well as a few extras. Mary is one of the owners and much credit must go to her for this. The suites are designed for young families and for couples to enjoy and relax and it always our intention to continue and improve on this.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed the surrounds also as Strandhill is a beautiful area and has so much to offer - so it I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Thankyou again for your kind review; and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again; please be sure to mention when booking and we'll be sure to guarantee the same or similar room again.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Stayed here for one night with my husband and two kids, we were visiting friends in the area. The building has been finished to a high standard and everything looked so fresh and new.We were given one of the suites upstairs with a fabulous view of Strandhill. There was a king size bedroom with TV/DVD and ipod dock and then in the other room which was a kitchen/sitting room also with TV/DVD the sofa converted into a bed which our two little ones happily slept in. The General Manager David McCoy couldn't be more helpful, checking with us each time we passed reception to see if there was anything we needed.A continental breakfast was included and is served in a room downstairs across from the reception.The only downside is that the dining room is quite small and could do with more tables, when we arrived there were no free tables so we had to wait in the reception area for a few minutes.In hindsight we probably could have got our breakfast on a tray and brought it to our room like I saw one other guest do. Strandhill is a beautiful place to visit. The Venue bar & restaurant is right next door if you want a drink or dinner. A 5-10 minute walk down the hill brings you to the seafront.We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KayHD
Management response:Responded 3 September 2011

Dear KayHD

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review; and thankyou so much for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us. The views from the suites are spectacular and because of the spacious living area most certainly suit younger families.

I'm glad the TV/DVD player proved to be a welcome addition for you; we try and provide a few extras to ensure that your stay is more comfortable and because you have the two tv/dvd players means that you can relax in one room and let the kids in the other room.

In relation to breakfast; I do apologise that you had to queue for breakfast on occasion unfortunatly as is often the case in guesthouses and hotels on busy mornings everyone seems to come in the last hour! - We are looking at the breakfast areas at the moment to attempt to allieviate unneccasary congestion; I hope though that the complimentary tea/coffee/cappuccino/hot chocolate dispenser at reception helped somewhat; and if you would like breakfast served to your room as you have initmated we could arrange that for you in future..

I'm delighted you like Strandhill so much; and i will pass your comments about the Venue Restaurant on they are always happy to hear such comments.

Thankyou so much again for taking the time to review and for such positive feeback; We all look forward to welcoming you back soon, be sure to ring ahead when booking and we'll be sure to facilitate you in the same room again.