SURF & STAY(Strandhill)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$147
US$143
US$181
US$147
US$124
Cois Re Apartments(Strandhill)
Agoda.com
All reviewscontinental breakfaststrandhill lodgeboiled eggsseaweed bathipod dockthe atlantic oceannespresso machinebalcony roomself servicestrand barmini fridgeyogurtresidents loungeice bucketdvd playerstrand hillrooms are spacious
Reviewed 3 May 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in a sea-view deluxe room over the may bank holiday and it was fantastic. The lodge had come highly recommended to me and often that makes me a little nervous but it most definitely did not disappoint. When we entered our room it certainly had the WOW FACTOR....the decor was better than most 5* hotels and the view was unbeatable. We had fantastic weather and whilst sitting on our balcony overlooking the great waves and lovely golf course we both struggled to believe we were only a few hours from Belfast.
David and the staff were great;always on hand to ensure we were getting the most from our stay at the lodge but also strandhill itself. My experience was so good that I have already booked to return but this time with 8 girls and I have no doubt we will enjoy it just as much : )

• Stayed: May 2011
Management response:Responded 6 May 2011

Hi rascotty

Thankyou for writing such a lovely review - I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us, the weather was great all weekend which usually helps! - we're very happy with how the lodge has turned out the decor and the furnishings we get many compliments about. We really hope to build on the product in the coming months and by the time you return we will have a lovely patio garden area to sit out in and enjoy.

I hope the golfing went well for you both also and when you return with your group we'll be sure that you all enjoy the weekend - hopefully the weekend will be warm and sunny - the sunsets are something to behold.

Thanks again for taking the time to review and we''ll see you again shortly

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Just back from a 3 night stay here and can't rate this enough , we had 2 children 2 & 4 , and they loved it , rooms are very spacious views are amazing. Staff were great , they have plenty of dvds to play on the flat screen tv to keep the kids happy. Standhill is a wonderful place thats has been crying out for somewhere just like this , if ur thinking of traveling to srandhill look no further then here and u wont go wrong , will certainly be back.

• Stayed: April 2011
Management response:Responded 6 May 2011

Hi Juliecum

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us; luckily the weather was great during your stay and i think it really enhances the views when you get the sunset.

I'm glad the kids enjoyed the DVD's - its just an extra feature we said we would add to enhance the experience in the rooms. Next time you come be sure to book with me personally i'll ensure you get the large balcony room which will be lovely in midsummer - our garden feature should also be completed by then also.

Many thanks again and i look forward to welcoming you all back again.

Reviewed 27 April 2011

I stayed in the Strandhill Lodge and Suites over the Easter weekend with a small group of friends as part of a 21st birthday celebration. I have to say we were all pleasantly surprised as we arrived at the lodge. The weather was glorious, which only accentuated the beautiful views of the nearby beach from our deluxe balcony rooms. We could sit out on the balcony and enjoy the rays as there was sun chairs available to us.
The rooms are bright,spacious, and extremely clean. We found the beds exceptionally comfortable never failing to have a peaceful nights sleep. We appreciated the big screen t.v in our rooms as well as the internet access.
The surrounding area is equally beautiful, with the beach being just a short 5 minutes walk from the lodge, where we could avail of the facilities, such as surfing and the sea weed baths which the always helpful and pleasant manager in the Lodge, David booked for us. The night life in the area was extremely enjoyable, with numerous bars and restaurants in close proximity, so we didn't have to rely on taxis to get home.
I stayed in many hotels around Ireland and i have to say it would be extremely difficult to beat the quality of the Lodge, it truly is above and beyond hotel standards. I throughly enjoyed my stay, it was both relaxing and fun. I would recommend the Lodge to all age groups :)

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We stayed here for a mini break over the Easter holidays and were really pleased with it. It is not a hotel, but the rooms are better than many hotels I have stayed in- great size, very clean, nice view, nicely decorated and near restaurants/bars but definitely nice and quiet, with plenty of off street parking. You are not paying for things you don't need- there is no restaurant (and, I guess, no kitchen to speak of, because breakfast is not cooked) but we were out and about so much, and there are lots of nice places to eat around the village and the beach, so that balance was just right for us. Like other posters, we found David the Manager to be really helpful- genuinely interested in our experience and he booked seaweed baths and dinner for us. Would certainly go again- I wish there was more of this type of accommodation available in Ireland.

Room Tip: Strandhill is great for a break- check it out!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 April 2011

Dear Goldenmean

Thank-you so much for your kind review; I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Strandhill - and that you managed to experience the seaweed baths while here - they are a real addition to what we offer. I'm happy also that you liked the model on which we are striving to achieve and utilising the restaurants, bars and other amenities in the village, we feel, only enhances guests experiences.

I hope you get the opportunity to visit again; and please contact me personally and i will ensure that you get a balcony room. Thankyou again for taking the time to review us and i look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

David

Reviewed 23 April 2011

Stayed here with my partner last month and absolutely loved it. I would be a frequent visitor to Strandhill so it's great that decent accomodation has opened up at last. We availed of the seaweed bath offer which we would definitely recommend - my skin is still glowing!

Staff are incredibly friendly which, even if the guesthouse wasn't up to scratch, makes all the difference. But I'm glad to say everything about this place was practically perfect... with the exception of no hot breakfast but I suppose that may not have been a bad thing! :) Oh and maybe get the WiFi working upstairs just so you're not trapped to a cable? But I'm just nitpicking now. We stayed in a deluxe double which was nicer than some hotel rooms I've stayed in. Really comfy bed, great shower, LCD TV & iPod Dock - what more could you want?!

Will definitely be back the next chance I get! May have to check out the suites next!

Room Tip: Check out Tra Ban restaurant - just 10 mins away!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yaines
Management response:Responded 24 April 2011

Dear Yaines

Many thanks for your review and for taking the time to do so. It is a great way for us to constantly improve the service we offer.

I'm glad you found the rooms comfortable it is what we are striving to achieve and the ipod dock is proving one of our most popular additions. I take on board your comments about the wifi and this issue will be resolved by the time you return. For although we offer WIFI in the common areas and of course through wired access it would be a further service if it extended to all the bedrooms.

The Seaweed baths are a great addition to our service and Voya constantly outdo themselves in terms of the service they offer so its good for us to be working so close in tandem

Thankyou again for your kind review; I look forward to meeting you again and when you do book please contact me personally and i would be delighted to upgrade you to that suite!!

Thankyou again.