All reviews continental breakfast strandhill lodge boiled eggs seaweed bath ipod dock the atlantic ocean nespresso machine dvd library balcony room self service strand bar mini fridge yogurt residents lounge ice bucket strand hill cold meats
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I stayed in the Strandhill Lodge and Suites over the Easter weekend with a small group of friends as part of a 21st birthday celebration. I have to say we were all pleasantly surprised as we arrived at the lodge. The weather was glorious, which only accentuated the beautiful views of the nearby beach from our deluxe balcony rooms. We could sit out on the balcony and enjoy the rays as there was sun chairs available to us.
The rooms are bright,spacious, and extremely clean. We found the beds exceptionally comfortable never failing to have a peaceful nights sleep. We appreciated the big screen t.v in our rooms as well as the internet access.
The surrounding area is equally beautiful, with the beach being just a short 5 minutes walk from the lodge, where we could avail of the facilities, such as surfing and the sea weed baths which the always helpful and pleasant manager in the Lodge, David booked for us. The night life in the area was extremely enjoyable, with numerous bars and restaurants in close proximity, so we didn't have to rely on taxis to get home.
I stayed in many hotels around Ireland and i have to say it would be extremely difficult to beat the quality of the Lodge, it truly is above and beyond hotel standards. I throughly enjoyed my stay, it was both relaxing and fun. I would recommend the Lodge to all age groups :)

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We stayed here for a mini break over the Easter holidays and were really pleased with it. It is not a hotel, but the rooms are better than many hotels I have stayed in- great size, very clean, nice view, nicely decorated and near restaurants/bars but definitely nice and quiet, with plenty of off street parking. You are not paying for things you don't need- there is no restaurant (and, I guess, no kitchen to speak of, because breakfast is not cooked) but we were out and about so much, and there are lots of nice places to eat around the village and the beach, so that balance was just right for us. Like other posters, we found David the Manager to be really helpful- genuinely interested in our experience and he booked seaweed baths and dinner for us. Would certainly go again- I wish there was more of this type of accommodation available in Ireland.

Room Tip: Strandhill is great for a break- check it out!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 April 2011

Dear Goldenmean

Thank-you so much for your kind review; I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Strandhill - and that you managed to experience the seaweed baths while here - they are a real addition to what we offer. I'm happy also that you liked the model on which we are striving to achieve and utilising the restaurants, bars and other amenities in the village, we feel, only enhances guests experiences.

I hope you get the opportunity to visit again; and please contact me personally and i will ensure that you get a balcony room. Thankyou again for taking the time to review us and i look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

David

Reviewed 23 April 2011

Stayed here with my partner last month and absolutely loved it. I would be a frequent visitor to Strandhill so it's great that decent accomodation has opened up at last. We availed of the seaweed bath offer which we would definitely recommend - my skin is still glowing!

Staff are incredibly friendly which, even if the guesthouse wasn't up to scratch, makes all the difference. But I'm glad to say everything about this place was practically perfect... with the exception of no hot breakfast but I suppose that may not have been a bad thing! :) Oh and maybe get the WiFi working upstairs just so you're not trapped to a cable? But I'm just nitpicking now. We stayed in a deluxe double which was nicer than some hotel rooms I've stayed in. Really comfy bed, great shower, LCD TV & iPod Dock - what more could you want?!

Will definitely be back the next chance I get! May have to check out the suites next!

Room Tip: Check out Tra Ban restaurant - just 10 mins away!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yaines
Management response:Responded 24 April 2011

Dear Yaines

Many thanks for your review and for taking the time to do so. It is a great way for us to constantly improve the service we offer.

I'm glad you found the rooms comfortable it is what we are striving to achieve and the ipod dock is proving one of our most popular additions. I take on board your comments about the wifi and this issue will be resolved by the time you return. For although we offer WIFI in the common areas and of course through wired access it would be a further service if it extended to all the bedrooms.

The Seaweed baths are a great addition to our service and Voya constantly outdo themselves in terms of the service they offer so its good for us to be working so close in tandem

Thankyou again for your kind review; I look forward to meeting you again and when you do book please contact me personally and i would be delighted to upgrade you to that suite!!

Thankyou again.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

Myself and my husband stayed here along with a large group of friends for a wedding held in the local golf club. We highly recommend you stay here if you are planning a trip to the beautiful surfing village of Strandhill. The place is immaculate and modern. We paid a discounted rate of €89 per room per night - due to the wedding we were attending and the size of our group booking - its normally €99. This was for b&b. They offer a continental breakfast which is more than adequate - there is also free tea and coffee in the lobby with complimentary biscuits. There is no restaurant facility as such except for the breakfast room - so there is no room service or lunch / dinner available. There are drinks and snacks machines in the corridors. They offer all the little extras that alot of hotels no longer offer ie complimentary sparkling water in the room and toiletries. The staff were lovely - especially the manager, Dave who could not have been more helpful. It has a lovely laid back feel and the lodges are just a stones throw from the beach. We will definitely be returning here - a gorgeous part of the country.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 20 April 2011

Hi Josie

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your group were so friendly and easy to deal with that I should be commending you all if there was such a site to do so! Its always a pleasure to deal with nice people. I'm so glad the weekend went well as your group was the first wedding group we have dealt with - so thankyou for your kind words.

With relation to the room service breakfast it is definitely something we will introduce in the summer months just to add that little something extra.

Again many thanks for the comment and if you are booking in again please let me know and i will be sure that you are given a balcony room.

Happy Easter and thankyou again.

Reviewed 17 April 2011

Strandhill lodge and suites was a wonderful experience for our family. The accomadation was a excellent, the staff were very helpful and friendly.I was personally very impressed with the rose all the female guests received with our breakfast on mothers day what a lovely touch!. We also enjoyed the fact there was so much choice in restaurants and all within walking distance, the local pubs are great. The seaweed baths which we tried only one word AMAZING! See you next time.
Barbara

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 20 April 2011

Hi Barbara

Many thanks for taking the time to write the review. The seaweed baths are terrific and proving a great asset to us as well as the village. The amount of requests to have a bath is phenomenal. I'm glad you liked the flower - though i think that it was such a beautiful day that sunday everyone was in good spirits.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in future - when you are booking just look for me and i'll be happy to ensure you have a balcony room with the seaview (although i can't promise the sunshine!! :))

Many thanks again