All reviews continental breakfast strandhill lodge boiled eggs seaweed bath the atlantic ocean residents lounge nespresso machine dvd library balcony room self service strand bar yogurt mini fridge sand dunes cold meats strand hill stayed longer
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Strandhill lodge and suites was a wonderful experience for our family. The accomadation was a excellent, the staff were very helpful and friendly.I was personally very impressed with the rose all the female guests received with our breakfast on mothers day what a lovely touch!. We also enjoyed the fact there was so much choice in restaurants and all within walking distance, the local pubs are great. The seaweed baths which we tried only one word AMAZING! See you next time.
Barbara

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Barbara

Many thanks for taking the time to write the review. The seaweed baths are terrific and proving a great asset to us as well as the village. The amount of requests to have a bath is phenomenal. I'm glad you liked the flower - though i think that it was such a beautiful day that sunday everyone was in good spirits.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in future - when you are booking just look for me and i'll be happy to ensure you have a balcony room with the seaview (although i can't promise the sunshine!! :))

Many thanks again

Reviewed 15 April 2011

I have stayed in 3 Star and 4 Star hotels across Ireland, yet, none can compare to this gem of a place. A few of use went to Strandhill for a friends birthday and stayed in the Lodge and Suites Hotel. The staff were amazing, extremely helpful and obliging. The manager was very friendly (Dave I think) and told us about where to go and what to see including a nice Italian restaurant pretty much right beside the hotel. The hotel overlooks the Atlantic, which is breathtaking. The rooms were stunning and comfortable, and had iPod docking stations (genius idea). Of all the hotels we've gone to, this has been the cheapest, and the people were genuinely nice, which is worth anything.

Definitely coming back during the summer for surfing season, another bonus!! Gem of a place

Room tip: luxury, friendly genuine staff, and affordable
Date of stay: March 2011

Hi Paddy

Many thanks for the review and your kind remarks, it is nice to get good reviews at such an early stage in our development. I hope you and the lads will come back again soon... glad you liked the pizza place i recommended we are lucky to have 4 fine restaurants in the village - takes the pressure of us!

Let me know when you are booking again and we'll organise something extra special for you on arrival.

Thanks for taking the time

Reviewed 15 April 2011

My other half and I had a wonderful time in this newly built hotel. The room we had was lovely: great views from the balcony, nice touches like ipod docking stations and most importantly a comfortable mattress. The staff are great, and the manager David was extremely helpful.

Strandhill is easy to get around and the location is close to great restaurants, the seaweed baths and the dunes which are great for walks. I hope to return in the not too distant future. Be sure to bring a good coat for walks by the sea as it can get very windy!

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi dajaffa

Many thanks for the review and for taking the time to do so. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us - i'm glad you liked the Ipod docking stations - they are proving so popular with people its amazing how the small things can make people happy!

I agree that the village is fantastic and it will get more so coming into the summer. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon - i hope the weather will be as good!

thankyou again - slan go foill

Reviewed 15 April 2011

I recently spent a very enjoyable weekend in this superb establishment. The service all round was fantastic. The rooms are airy and spacious. I particularly enjoyed the ipod docking station.

The staff were professional and friendly and they looked after my every need.

This is a great spot to come to relax and re-evaluate things and get away from our hectic lives.

Reviewed 14 April 2011

County Sligo is one of Ireland's best-kept travel secrets, and this new hotel in Strandhill is the icing on the cake. Having visited this area several times before, we'd always found accommodations to be pleasant and reasonable, but the Strandhill Lodge and Suites has definitely raised the bar: excellent location; beautifully appointed, spacious suites and rooms; stunning balcony views of Sligo Bay; conferencing facilities; complimentary WI FI; a superb continental breakfast; more than ample off-street parking; overall tremendous value-for-money. As if this weren't enough to make our stay one of the best we've ever had in Ireland, the staff, especially Mr. David McCoy, went out of their way to answer any question, provide us with great travel and dining tips, and to make us feel extremely welcome. We only wish we'd had more time for a longer stay!

Room tip: Next door to superb dining & a great pub!
Management response:Responded 16 April 2011

Hi Ladies!

Thankyou so much for your kind review... I'm really delighted that you enjoyed your stay in Sligo. I enjoyed chatting to you and meeting you both As we're newly opened its good to get feedback and hopefully it will help us grow what we feel is a tremendous product in a tremendous local area.

I hope you got a chance to see the area around Drumcliffe and Ben Bulben it's always beautiful out there. We hope to see you in the north-west again sometime and please give me a call beforehand and I'll be sure to give you the same room again..and we also got new garden furniture for the balconies so you'll have to come back!

Many thanks again.. and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Tog a bog e