“Absolutely fantastic - highly recommended”

Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Strandhill
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Myself and my husband stayed here along with a large group of friends for a wedding held in the local golf club. We highly recommend you stay here if you are planning a trip to the beautiful surfing village of Strandhill. The place is immaculate and modern. We paid a discounted rate of €89 per room per night - due to the wedding we were attending and the size of our group booking - its normally €99. This was for b&b. They offer a continental breakfast which is more than adequate - there is also free tea and coffee in the lobby with complimentary biscuits. There is no restaurant facility as such except for the breakfast room - so there is no room service or lunch / dinner available. There are drinks and snacks machines in the corridors. They offer all the little extras that alot of hotels no longer offer ie complimentary sparkling water in the room and toiletries. The staff were lovely - especially the manager, Dave who could not have been more helpful. It has a lovely laid back feel and the lodges are just a stones throw from the beach. We will definitely be returning here - a gorgeous part of the country.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Hi Josie

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your group were so friendly and easy to deal with that I should be commending you all if there was such a site to do so! Its always a pleasure to deal with nice people. I'm so glad the weekend went well as your group was the first wedding group we have dealt with - so thankyou for your kind words.

With relation to the room service breakfast it is definitely something we will introduce in the summer months just to add that little something extra.

Again many thanks for the comment and if you are booking in again please let me know and i will be sure that you are given a balcony room.

Happy Easter and thankyou again.

Reviewed 17 April 2011

Strandhill lodge and suites was a wonderful experience for our family. The accomadation was a excellent, the staff were very helpful and friendly.I was personally very impressed with the rose all the female guests received with our breakfast on mothers day what a lovely touch!. We also enjoyed the fact there was so much choice in restaurants and all within walking distance, the local pubs are great. The seaweed baths which we tried only one word AMAZING! See you next time.
Barbara

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Hi Barbara

Many thanks for taking the time to write the review. The seaweed baths are terrific and proving a great asset to us as well as the village. The amount of requests to have a bath is phenomenal. I'm glad you liked the flower - though i think that it was such a beautiful day that sunday everyone was in good spirits.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in future - when you are booking just look for me and i'll be happy to ensure you have a balcony room with the seaview (although i can't promise the sunshine!! :))

Many thanks again

Reviewed 15 April 2011

I have stayed in 3 Star and 4 Star hotels across Ireland, yet, none can compare to this gem of a place. A few of use went to Strandhill for a friends birthday and stayed in the Lodge and Suites Hotel. The staff were amazing, extremely helpful and obliging. The manager was very friendly (Dave I think) and told us about where to go and what to see including a nice Italian restaurant pretty much right beside the hotel. The hotel overlooks the Atlantic, which is breathtaking. The rooms were stunning and comfortable, and had iPod docking stations (genius idea). Of all the hotels we've gone to, this has been the cheapest, and the people were genuinely nice, which is worth anything.

Definitely coming back during the summer for surfing season, another bonus!! Gem of a place

Room Tip: luxury, friendly genuine staff, and affordable
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Hi Paddy

Many thanks for the review and your kind remarks, it is nice to get good reviews at such an early stage in our development. I hope you and the lads will come back again soon... glad you liked the pizza place i recommended we are lucky to have 4 fine restaurants in the village - takes the pressure of us!

Let me know when you are booking again and we'll organise something extra special for you on arrival.

Thanks for taking the time

Reviewed 15 April 2011

My other half and I had a wonderful time in this newly built hotel. The room we had was lovely: great views from the balcony, nice touches like ipod docking stations and most importantly a comfortable mattress. The staff are great, and the manager David was extremely helpful.

Strandhill is easy to get around and the location is close to great restaurants, the seaweed baths and the dunes which are great for walks. I hope to return in the not too distant future. Be sure to bring a good coat for walks by the sea as it can get very windy!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Hi dajaffa

Many thanks for the review and for taking the time to do so. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us - i'm glad you liked the Ipod docking stations - they are proving so popular with people its amazing how the small things can make people happy!

I agree that the village is fantastic and it will get more so coming into the summer. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon - i hope the weather will be as good!

thankyou again - slan go foill

Reviewed 15 April 2011

I recently spent a very enjoyable weekend in this superb establishment. The service all round was fantastic. The rooms are airy and spacious. I particularly enjoyed the ipod docking station.

The staff were professional and friendly and they looked after my every need.

This is a great spot to come to relax and re-evaluate things and get away from our hectic lives.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strandhill
7.2 km away
Clayton Hotel Sligo
#6 of 8 in Sligo
4.8 km away
Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre

Been to Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!