“Mariachi's A Neighborhood Gathering Place---Many Years Now!”

Mariachis Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #183 of 442 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We started going here in 2007 while on Center St. just off Square. Watched their family grow up. Many happy experiences (groups up to 40) so followed them to current NWA Mall location and averaged once every couple weeks over the years. We'll normally be three couples strong. Salsa best in the area----hot or mild. Quesadillas excellent, enchiladas as well, fish tacos a favorite and house margarita's always great. Service is family in several cases and remembers us always.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We have tons of Mexican restaurants in our area, but this one's chicken fajitas really stand out! So much so that every Wednesday night, my husband and I eat there because they have Chicken Fajitas for Two for only $13.99. You would think they would cut down on the portion, but they don't! And we each get three tortillas along with our own fixings (guacamole, sour cream, pico, beans and rice). We don't like bell peppers in ours and they are happy to fix it just like we want with just chicken and onions. We always sit in the bar area because our very favorite server is Maribel and she just sees us and starts bringing out our order. The salsas are good, not the best or the worst we have had (the spicy is hot), but the chips are very nice and usually warm. Fernando the owner is incredibly friendly and keeps up with regulars and visits with them and makes them feel welcomed. I'm just excited cause today is Wednesday and I know where I'm eating dinner! Don't let the mall location turn you off!

Reviewed 31 January 2015

Bill was $21. Server brought debit ticket to sign and they charged over $34. Questioned server. She said would correct. Now have 2 charges out of bank. Confronted manager next day. He was rude, refused refund. Will be filing complaints with attorney general. A $21 dollar care is now $56 out of my bank account.

4  Thank mikeretagraham
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Mariachis is located in area's largest mall. My wife and I were wandering the mall and we came across Mariachis. They had a listing of daily specials on an advertisement in front of the restaurant. The Monday special was 2 dinners for $8.99. We asked the hostess about which meals were included on this special price and she said the combination meals and the luncheon menu. My wife and I had not planned on eating at the mall, but at this price we decided to go Mexican. The server came and confirmed meals available on the special. We ordered meals that qualified. The chips and salsa were excellent. I did not receive the meal that I ordered, but accepted it anyway ) my wife complains that I do not try variety and I received #3 meal rather than #1 on the combination meals. Eventually the check came for $20 and I asked about the $8.99 Monday specials. The waiter disappeared quickly and finally a manager appeared to apologize about the "misunderstanding, but . ." I informed her that there was no misunderstanding as we had confirmed the policy twice. She tried to explain that our order did not qualify for the special and then my wife volunteered that my order had been an error. Then she relented and I got the special price. The sad thing is that this was a good Mexican meal at a great price, but I doubt if I will return.

1  Thank TOG11
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Service was excellent. Salsa had nice flavor. I had shrimp tacos and my son had tamales. Great flavor. Pleasantly surprised. We will be back. :-)