1,019 results
All reviews kids club seaweed bath swimming pool bit dated bar food sligo town family hotel beautiful location family break third floor last weekend lovely beach sea view yeats country leisure facilities food was lovely single bed
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel in a lovely seaside resort. At present the hotel is been done up. We a family of 14 stayed here including 6 kids great spot for kids they can run around and it's safe.stayed on 2nd floor which rooms have been recently done up which were lovely. Leisure centre needs a bit of attention but hopefully that will be done soon. Great food for kids and adults. Staff very helpful and friendly. 2nd time there this year and we will be back. looking forward to seeing progress in the renovations.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank johnco104
Reviewed 16 June 2018

we would visit this place a few times a year, but was there a week ago and it was a bit of a let down, first thing was there was a waitress in the bar who was not one bit nice she walked about as if she owned the place and when my wife asked her to bring drinks to the lounge she told her abruptly that they no longer do that, yet five mins later we saw them bringing drinks to other people, there was a few other things concerning the same girl but i wont go into it, as we are used to the staff being very nice down there, another reason we visit here is the leisure facilities , and to our disappointment most of the things we use were not working( IE) steam room and jacuzzi you would think this would be a priority to repair for the guests , we did overlook the state of the place as they were decorating , but to be truthful you would have thought this would have been done in the winter months , now the food in this place is usually very good but on the friday night that we arrived the bar food was far from it, it tasted like it had been left sitting and reheated it was not nice , however on the second night in the dining room it was very good, but on the whole the weekend was a bit disappointing, it is quite likely that we will return , and hopefully next time attitudes of one young female in the bar and the facilities will be better.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in June,hotel is so out of date I believe it's going to be redecorated. Which is well over due.Decro is terrible.Staff in hotel are doing there best and friendly with what they have .Food was good.Breakfast limited if fry is not your choice.Location is great. Leisure centre is worst I ever seen rusty weights, broken Jacuzzi and broken sauna .Swimming pool had green mould on edges .Requires urgent attention. Has great potential if management are looking return customers.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank gerrym007
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This is a great hotel with excellent staff but let down by the poor leasure facilities.
On my 1st visit the Jacuzzi was not working, on my second visit the steam room was not working, on my third visit both the jacuzzi and the steam room where not working so come on BRIAN MCENIFF get your finger out and sort this problem out it's not fair on your hard working staff, they do a very good job at running this hotel, you've started to update this great hotel so sort out the leasure facilities as well. Stop letting your hard working staff down.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank WeeYellowBus
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a family weekend away and the biggest shame is that the hotel is just too worn to rate any higher. The location is beautiful and the staff were excellent. They were friendly and helpful throughout and the communal areas were great spaces to just relax and enjoy passing the time. The food was bang on and the breakfast was hearty. Unfortunately the hotel itself; from the rooms to the swimming pool needs a refurb. I’m aware there is work going on at the minute and I hope that they are going to work their way through the various areas to improve the overall feel and quality of the place. Irrespective of the decor I’m really glad we stayed and I’d happily return but I can’t shake the feeling that with a bit of attention to maintenance and improving the decor this would no doubt be a 4 or 5 rating. Don’t let the negative reviews dissuade you from staying.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family