All reviews leisure centre bar food lovely hotel on arrival roscommon town family room carvery lunch weekend break few drinks steam room well worth a visit a lovely stay would highly recommend this hotel buffet style stayed for one night following morning top class
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed my 2 night at this hotel in the lovely town of Roscommon. I think for the price paid for for 2 nights B&B , you would be hard pressed to beat it.£60-£80 per night.
Room was comfortable and clean. This is not a modern minimal slick boring hotel, it has character and charm.
Breakfast and service by the Irish staff was excellent.
Reception staff professional and friendly.
Very nice hotel and I didn't even get to see the leisure centre...this time...maybe next time.
Well done Abbey Staff you make this hotel worth a visit.
This review was sitting in my drafts so apologies for late posting.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
abbeyhotel3, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Kellysinkos

Thank you so much for the lovely review and for taking the time to tell us about your fantastic experience with us.

I have shared your kind review with the entire team here.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Abbey Hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Hotel very nice great food, friendly service excellent facilities. Very close to Boyle where you can join in various activities for kids. A walk through out Abbey grounds viewing Abbey is worthwhile !

Dear Catherine38

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
It is always nice to hear about our Guests wonderful experiences during their stay.

We continuously strive to offer an exceptional level of service in all areas of the hotel.
I will be delighted to pass your review to the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Warm regards,
Elaine McNamara

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Attended a friends wedding here last week. It is a fab hotel and the food was great. Room was very nice and clean. staff were really nice and polite. I couldnt fault it. Would highly recommend for weddings or just a nice weekend away.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
abbeyhotel3, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Marcdug

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Abbey Hotel. We take pride in providing an excellent and outstanding service to all our weddings, and it is a pleasure to read such positive comments regarding your experience with us.

I will be delighted to pass your comments to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Beautiful hotel, beautiful grounds. Gorgeous bedroom, spotlessly clean. Food was lovely. All had a great night. Staff couldn't do enough, extremely welcoming and friendly. We had a great overnight stay and will be back!

Dear PaulamL1587Q

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about the Abbey Hotel. We take pride in providing excellent service for our weddings, and it is always a pleasure to read such positive comments regarding the staff and the hotel in general.

I will certainly make sure to share your review with the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Abbey Hotel.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night bed and breakfast, lovely location just on edge of town lots of parking. The old part of the hotel is great very stylish love the old decor and furnishings, the bedrooms are nice need bit of decor furniture bit worn, only irish TV channels.
The bar menu is good but food bit dissapointing for the price, the service was good for main course but waited ages for menus for deserts and coffee when we got menus our waitress never came back to take order staff seem to ignore customers staff not on the ball here or bad supervision. The Breakfast next morning was poor not much of a selection food seemed to be rationed, nice view of the old abbey from the dinning room window though.

3  Thank fintan h
abbeyhotel3, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Fintan

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Abbey Hotel.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay on the whole and I appreciate your comments regarding certain aspects of your experience which I have passed to the General Manager.

If you are visiting the Abbey in the future please let me know and I will be delighted to personally look after your booking.