All reviews leisure centre bar food lovely hotel on arrival roscommon town family room carvery lunch weekend break old style few drinks steam room well worth a visit a lovely stay would highly recommend this hotel stayed for one night buffet style waiting staff
Reviewed 20 August 2017

The Abbey Hotel is located in a very quiet area near Roscommon Town. As the name suggests it is located beside an old abbey. The grounds are small but well laid out for a small walk. The only thing I would say to the hotel is to ensure that the grounds are kept clean. We left after 12 o'clock and on our small walk, we saw beer bottles and rubbish on the ground. A pity as the grounds would otherwise be immaculate.

The hotel interior is beautiful and well preserved. Unlike another hotel I stayed in a few weeks, this hotel is old-fashioned but in a good way. There are lots of lovely frames on the walls. The double room that my wife and myself stayed in does not look very comfortable on first inspection but I have not had a better night sleep in a hotel. It was so comfortable that we almost forgot to leave the next morning. The hotel has an ingenious device of a alarm to ensure that you leave the hotel!! The room and bathroom were clean and both were of a large enough space.

I did not use the gym but the hotel has a lovely pool area. One can have a good swim there and the steam room, sauna & jacuzzi all worked which was great. We ate in the restaurant which was fine. One area of the hotel which I believe could be improved on is the breakfast. There was little there except for cooked Irish breakfast which was fine. However cold meats and cheese for example are needed for people who are not interested in having a hot breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
abbeyhotel3, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Tarzangav,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Abbey Hotel.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and a good night sleep. I do appreciate your comments regarding certain aspects of your stay. I have passed your comments to the heads of department. It is with feedback from our Guests we can keep our service and standards.

We do hope to welcome you and your wife to the Abbey Hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

The Abbey Hotel was a delicious experience. Rooms were extremely comfortable with large bath, and pillows unlike any other hotel I have stayed in....I have travelled the world.
The pool area is clean, well maintained and the staff helpful.
The staff all through the hotel were smiling, helpful and made us feel as though they were really interested in our wellbeing.
We met the owner, who filled us in on the history of the p!ace...we were interested in learning about it.
The food and service was excellent. The grounds are calming and full of trees .....
The atmosphere of the hotel itself was balm to our senses, as we had come from very busy lives for a tranquil break....that we definitely received.
We have booked a week in November just to experience the Abbey Hotel again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
abbeyhotel3, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear bobbycreaven
Thank You for taking the time to review the Abbey Hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be delighted to pass your feedback onto the team here.

Looking Forward to seeing you again very soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My brother in law was married in June 17 here and all of the immediate family stayed for 3 nights and I have to say that it was a great decision.
Such a lovely, welcoming friendly stay with loads of things to do like exploring the old Abbey, making use of the lovely leisure facilities, visiting Roscommon Castle.
We all loved it, the food was great and wedding itself was brilliant with great food and service. All in all, I would love to go back and would thoroughly recommend the Abbey for weddings or a leisure break.

Room Tip: all rooms have good views - either the old Abbey or the gardens
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Jonathan

Thank you for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the team here. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Warm regards,
Elaine

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Very nice hotel with excellent service. The room was nicely appointed, not flashy, but tasteful. We ate dinner in the restaurant and it was outstanding. Overall service was superb. They do need to have a business center that is in working condition for guests.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Ceronirj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review following your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.

I have passed your review to our IT Department who looks after our Business Center.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Have just returned from a 2 night stay with my 2 kids (3 and 1) and husband. I cannot compliment the staff enough. Everyone we met was friendly and welcoming. The patience they showed when chatting with the kids was lovely.
The facilities were very good, large family room and travel cot for little one.
The swimming pool and gardens were a highlight for the kids and the breakfast went down well.
I would highly recommend this hotel for a family break.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Fiona572

Thank you for taking the time to review the Abbey Hotel. I am very pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It is always lovely to hear such lovely feedback about our staff. I will be delighted to pass your review onto the team here.

Looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Warm Regards,