Open today: 10:00 - 17:00
8 Day 'Gems of Ireland' Premium Guided Tour

Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Arigna Mining Experience
1,003 results
All reviews ex miner tour guide well worth a visit great tour first hand mining experience coffee shop car park these men unique experience off the beaten track brilliant experience hidden gem his knowledge gerry coal workers
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2024 via mobile

This is a wonderfully moving experience. The guides are ex-miners and our guide, Michael, was also a gifted storyteller.

Nice cafe and gift shop on the site

Date of experience: May 2024
Reviewed 3 May 2024

Found the guided tour fascinating. Our guide Gerard was so interesting with his personal experience of having worked there. We really enjoyed it, as did our Australian visitors.

Date of experience: May 2024
Reviewed 24 April 2024 via mobile

My wife and I were the only 2 guests that Gerard had on today’s Mining Experience Tour. What an amazing experience! Spending about an hour with Gerard was both fascinating and captivating, as he his life and experiences in the coal mine from 15 years of age. Anyone in the area MUST visit the mine and learn all about how private mines operated in Ireland. I’m not going to provide any spoilers, because every step with Gerald is an opportunity to listen and learn. Additionally, there is a cafe for after the tour and every member of staff we met were wonderful. Absolutely recommended 10 out of 10!!

Reviewed 21 April 2024

This is a great spot for viewing over the lake. I went there for lunch and ordered chicken. The place was not busy.

First I tried to get the attention of someone to order and they seemed to hide away a bit. Then I started to move away and someone came out. Nice person took the order.

I waited for 45 minutes in total. After about half an hour a lady asked me was I waiting and I said I was waiting for chicken .

I walked outside after another ten minutes came back in after a minute and asked would the food be long and they said it was on the table.

The dinner was nice though the mash potatoes was kind runny which I don't like.

They apologised for the delay but what I can't understand is if I was the only order in as the place was not busy what happened?? It's like the ticket system must be rubbish and the order was lost .

I checked my phone and I'd been waiting 45 minutes.

On that basis I'd have to question why was I kept waiting ??

Reviewed 9 April 2024

Brilliant trip fascinating and informative, great guide by Gerry, lots of good and interesting facts and good wee laughs