All reviewsbrabazon restaurantthe main housethe cottageshonesty barfrom start to finishtasting menuspecial occasionwedding venuewedding receptioncellar barmini barbeefcourtyard cottagelevel of servicefabulous weddingmouth wateringsarah jane
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I happened to be in the area with a small group and I’ve really wanted to visit, so I took the opportunity to have lunch in the courtyard. After a brief stroll around gardens, I wandered into the main house and marveled at the stunningly appointed drawing rooms.

I now understand why John Magnier sought out the guidance of Tanksardstown owner Trish Conroy to project manage his development of the Cashel Palace hotel.

Trish’s eye is exquisite and the execution of every detail is impeccable.

Wow and congratulations.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Patrick O
Gary-Tankardstown, General Manager at Tankardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Patrick O,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this lovely review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your afternoon at Tankardstown and that you appreciated our surrounds. Thank you for visiting and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Celebrating a friends birthday so we decided to try somewhere new. Lovely surroundings , great staff & top class food ... everything you could wish for !
The grounds & buildings exuded country charm ; well worth a visit.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meander494312
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

If you want a luxurious night away look no further than Tankardstown House, Slane. From check-in to check out staying in Tankardstown is a wonderful experience. We stayed in a one bedroom courtyard cottage which was beautifully furnished and convenient to all areas. There is a hot tub in an adjacent garden a few steps away which is an additional luxury. Afternoon tea is available in the nearby garden cottage (recommended) and the Brabazon restaurant is excellent for dinner.
The main house is stunning.... We really appreciated the sumptuous furnishings and elegant decor. The staff are unobtrusive but always available should you need anything. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough..... The only downside is that it can be difficult to get a booking due to its popularity.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Gary-Tankardstown, General Manager at Tankardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Catherine,
Many thanks for your kind and comprehensive review. It's great to hear you had such a wonderful experience at Tankardstown. We really appreciate your feedback and recommendation, and I do hope you can find availability on the calendar for a return visit in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We recently had my father's birthday celebrations here and I can't recommend this place highly enough. Everything was perfect. The atmosphere was relaxed but still felt classy. The staff are pleasant, attentive but never pushy or stuffy. The food was delicious and beautifully presented with an excellent choice on a la carte menu. The wine selection is super. The surroundings are beautiful. There really is nothing to fault here. I look forward to coming back again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Explore257826

Dear guest,
Many thanks for your excellent review, and for choosing Brabazon Restaurant for your recent family get together. I am glad to hear everything was perfect for your celebration and thank you again for the kind comments.
We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I attended a wedding in Tankardstown this month and have to say the highlight of the day was receiving a great service from the barman Julio Fonseca. He may not have been too big but he had a big personality. To be honest I felt myself buying drink even though I didn’t want it just to have the craic with him. Being a well known Super Vet he showed great interest in my career and achievements. I would give Julio a ten star rating if possible. Thank you for making it a special day

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends