All reviews french press coffee on arrival full irish great hosts b bs breakfast was amazing night's sleep yogurt antiques michael ireland house
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

The breakfast is so delicious and prepared with love, there is a selection of fruits, cereals, granola & cheese platters in addition to the hot dish list from which u can choose to be cooked.
Fresh orange juice and coffee or tea is also served. The view of the breakfast table is breathtaking and peaceful (little garden with birds and a river)
The rooms in the basement are very big and comfy
I am medical student and i stayed here for two weeks the owners are a Lovely couple, Michael even used to drive us to the hospital whenever he can and they let us use their kitchen to cook some food.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Well stayed here for one night. Looks lovely from the outside. The horror story starts when you enter. Full of antiques and clutter. Obviously the owners are using the place as a storage area. BUT all the clutter is under a thick layer of dust. The smell hits you on entry, fusty and damp. The furniture and carpets are ancient, in some areas worn away.
To the BEDROOM. On entry smelt of mould and damp. Full of clutter. Layers of dust on any surface above head height. The skirting board was rotting away. The room was not heated and felt damp. The headboard was a dark wood carved unit. Along with, you guessed it dust. The bathroom cracked and loose tiles. The bath, well I can’t believe what I saw. The bath was not sealed, ah the source of the damp. I cannot begin to explain how bad the bodge diy job is. I seriously think a child could have done better. Ok you now wonder why I stayed. We had no choice as all the local hotels etc were full. Not a good nights sleep. Oh by the way no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.
BREAKFAST. Plentiful looked good. Ah the ever present dust/clutter in the dining room. While the food was good, the cutlery and plates didn’t look clean. I wasn’t comfortable eating, so had a meagre amount. My wife being a coeliac ordered salmon and scrambled egg. Which duly came with toast, toast was not described on the menu. After telling the host she could not eat the toast and the food was contaminated. The host told her just to eat the salmon and egg. He does not understand allergies.
Well I have stayed in many hotels and b&b’s on a personnel and business level, but I have never seen any thing like this place. In this day and age totally not acceptable. If I could rate this place as zero then I would. The AA rate this place as 4 star. This needs to be reviewed,as the last review on the sign is 2002. Please do not go to this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank donsnowmere
Reviewed 12 November 2017

To the readers who follow my reviews, I had the displeasure of booked a double room for two in the Killyon guesthouse. When we arrived we were told I had only booked a single, even though I have my receipt stating I had booked a room for two on my phone. When I politely questioned the man that there was a mistake he was offended and angry. He charged me more money so we could have two beds even though I had arranged a double. I would have left other than everything near us was booked out, for the event we were going to. After the man intimidated us. we just wanted to put our stuff down in the room. To get to the event, so we paid the extra not wanting to ruin our trip. when we got upstairs to our very outdated room, it was like ice we hoped it would be warmer when we came back from the event, but it wasn't it remained like ice the whole time. Not to mention the dirt everywhere cobwebs in every corner of the room, heavy dust on all the furniture the cleanliness was disgraceful I doubted the sheets were changed at all! as I mentioned I would have left if we could, but nowhere else around had any rooms. (I double checked). The beds where very uncomfortable and the pillows felt like rocks. we decided to skip breakfast as we had lost any trust in the establishment and didn't want to chance there breakfast. not to mention the thick layer of dirt on the cutlery in the dining room. I opted for a shower instead, I would have been cleaned quicker by the rain! the shower trickled water and I mean trickled as it must have been broken. downstairs in the lobby it was very cluttered and reminded you of your granny's house out of date and cluttered with too many nicknacks. we left the key on the lobby desk and close to ran out once the sun shined so we could drive. I would urge any of my readers to steer clear of this place.

Room Tip: dont stay here they charge extra on arrival there coin artists and the place is disgusting
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank jemma2115
Reviewed 6 August 2017

The place had an amazing atmosphere. The owner gave my mom a rose which made he very happy. The breakfast was absolutely fabulous. The terrace was like the gardens of Babylon. It's a must go when in the region, close to a lot of historical places.

Room Tip: Ask for view on the river
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

+ Very convenient location to take the airport and Dublin bus. Extremely helpful and very kind owners. Great and plentiful breakfast .
-Old furniture that smells old. Rooms dated and old and uncomfortable beds. Not very clean . Too many objects and frippery scattered around every corner of the house. 2 stars just for the kindness of the owners And the strategic position

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple