“Friendly & Helpful”

Cuisines: European, Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2019

The choir of which I am a member was taking part in a choral competition in Navan. We arrived at Ryans Bar at 10.00am. We were served a hearty breakfast of tasty baps and as much tea or coffee as we wanted. The proprietor made the function room available to us for pre competition rehearsal and we returned victorious after the competition. At that stage the pub was packed and the atmosphere was electric as there was a big football game in the town. Despite the large crowd in the pub service was quick and friendly. I would recommend Ryan's to any visitor to Navan.

2  Thank David C
Write a reviewReviews (167)

Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

I am a member of a choir which visited Navan from Dublin on 12th May to take part in a choral competition.
We had breakfast in Ryan's and used the function room to rehearse for the morning, before our competition time. The breakfast baps, tea and coffe were great. (All we coukd eat and drink!) The staff couldn't do enough for us and the service was excellent.
Later in the day we returned (complete with our magnificent winners cup), and we spent a brilliant afternoon celebrating in Ryan's.
The owner immediately filled our large cup with Vodka and lemonade at his expense to help us celebrate. (This was even more appreciated given that we are not from his local client base).
We will definitely be back and would highly recommend anyone in Navan to visit this lovely pub and sample the hospitality.

1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

Lovely menu, plenty of fresh & healthy options. Nice & quick service , place clean and good value for money

1  Thank John C
Reviewed 15 April 2019 via mobile

We booked a party here three months in advance only to be cancelled less then 48hrs before and only because I had sent an email to confirm numbers they then rang at 11pm to tell me they had double booked. Imagine if 80 people had arrived on the night. I had been in contact several times with the pub and they confirmed everything was fine. Offered to sit in the open smoking but would have to share it as "sat nights really busy" when i spoke to one of the members of staff he denied reading my email saying he rang of his own back literally two mins after I d sent it and then said sure nobody's opened that email even now. Either way bad service. He also told me that he "new for a fact" the other booking waz in first when it was clearly written on the opposite day of my booking. Zero confidence will never go back nor will the 80 people that was supposed to attend. Disgraceful service totally let down.

Date of visit: April 2019
4  Thank CatherineC2545
Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

Ryan's bar is excellent for lunch, the food is always very nice and the staff are very friendly and welcoming and the service is excellent.

Date of visit: April 2019