US$133
Book now, pay at stay
US$129
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewsvm restaurantfour poster bedsunday lunchtop classchef garywonderful foodhidden gemwarm welcomesitting roomlovely roomspa bathtasting menuperiod furniturefamily membershead chefon arrivalthe early bird
Reviewed 31 July 2009

A well proportioned and very comfortable room in the new part of the house, beautiful bathroom with lovely towels & lots of hot water. I stayed 3 nights with my sister, and we couldn't have been looked after better. We had dinner one night, and this was the highlight of our stay. Highly recommended. I can't wait to get back there.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Our decision to stay here was last minute as we didn't want to travel back to home after a family celebration meal in the VM restaurant. Although the old house has being extended in the recent past Viewmount House has charm in abundance. This relaxed charm is further enhanced by the attentive friendliness and genuine warm welcome extended by our hosts. Our mezzanine room was large and comfortable.
However its the restaurant that’s the star of the show, I am really at a loss to find fault in any part of our meal. The locally sourced ingredients were of the highest quality and beautifully presented. The duck confit was outstanding, my venison not of this world. A few nightcaps in the restaurant bar finished a perfect evening.
Breakfast the following morning was of similar standard - we were spoilt for choice, full to the gills and sent on our way with the same friendliness that we encountered on our arrival. Overall tremendous value and outstanding food. I used to think there wasn’t much to Longford, I still believe this, except it’s the home to one of the best meals and breakfasts I have ever experienced.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2008

This guesthouse was highly recommended in several books -- a star in the Fodor and was in the red Michelin. It was listed as an old Georgian house with five rooms, but it had a newer addition, where our room was located.

I had asked for a ground-floor room so we wouldn’t have to drag our bags upstairs. The bathroom and living room (and TV) were on the lower floor and the bed was on a loft above, accessible via an open stairway. The loft was open to the lower area on both sides.

The lighting was a disaster -- the overhead light in the loft, the overhead light above the couch and TV, the large chandelier in the open area in front of the high window, and the hallway light outside the bathroom (and visible from the open back of the loft) were on the same switch. So when my husband wanted to go to sleep and I wanted to look up something in one of our guide books and wash up, I had to leave the light on in the loft so I could see and navigate back up the stairs.

Having the bathroom on the lower floor was not only inconvenient, but one couldn’t turn on the light to navigate the stairs without awakening the person sleeping on the loft.

Plus the absolutely pitiful water pressure -- so little water that we could hardly soap ourselves and then could hardly rinse off the soap. And we were on the ground floor!

The owner was very nice and we had an excellent breakfast -- good porridge and pancakes (more like crepes) with maple syrup.

I don’t know what the rooms in the original house are like, but this place should NOT be on anyone’s recommended list without a warning about the newer rooms!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Chandolin
Reviewed 11 April 2008

Viewmount House is a gem. It is not just a B&B; it is a "home". When you stay make sure you take advantage of all the common rooms as they are unique and don't forget the gardens. The breakfast is superb and Beryl and James are two very genuine people. I think this B&B has to be amongst the best in all of Ireland. If visiting Longford and the surrounding area, do not even consider other options.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 October 2007

This house is beautifully renovated! It was built in 1740.

Our room was by far the largest room we stayed in during our trip. It had its own sitting room! The bed was comfy and the bathroom was largest of our trip! It had a huge claw foot tub to soak in!

The grounds were lovely. It is located just outside the town of Longford. It is a 20 minute walk to the city center.

The breakfast in the morning was delicious and they offered several newspapers.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple