US$131
Agoda.com
Westhouse Cafe(Longford)
St Albans House(Longford)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsvm restaurantsunday lunchfour poster bedtop classchef garywonderful foodhidden gemwarm welcomesitting roomlovely roomspa bathperiod furniturefamily memberson arrivalhead cheflovely eveningduck
Reviewed 16 June 2011

The Viewmount House (http://www.viewmounthouse.com/) Is up a driveway off the road, Beryl, the owner, came to meet us at the door, then took us to our rooms and asked if we would like tea. I stayed in a family room on the ground floor, on the website it is shown as Finn room 24, I was so pleased that there were no stairs to my room, the first thing that my daughter said to me when we went into the room and stood by the window was 'can you hear that' yes we could hear nothing but bird song and peace and quiet, this room looked out onto a little garden. We sat in the lounge, had a cup of tea with biscuits, while sorting out what we were going to do, as the resturant was closed Beryl suggested the Purple Onion, (see separte review) The Viewmount was, delightful as was our host. I don't hesitate to recommend this and only wish we had stayed there more than one night. This is such a marvellous place to enjoy a tranquil stay, perfect to unwind.
Beryl makes the most amazing soda bread, forget that hard stuff from the supermarket this is delicious beyond delicious and was served at breakfast. I had my first full Irish, yes just try that for yourself and see if it's not totally delicious, first class.
Beryl was a delight and helped out with places to see on our way to Galway. I wish we had stayed there longer and will do on my next visit to Ireland.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Great value at 50 euro a night for a single. My room had a mezzanine floor with sofa and television. Try the restaurant if you arrive in time for dinner. Local products abound, cooked with creativity and care. Ditto for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I stayed here just one night, actually last night. Arrived after a long day at work and a long drive and decided to check in before I worked a few more hours. Beryl greeted me in the beautiful home that dates back to 1750. I was staying in an extension that they build some years ago and what a fab room with a great loft, so much space for 4 people it was great. Like previous reviews the room was impeccable, cosy, and very comfortable. The fresh fruit was on the sideboard and the double height windows made for great natural light. The bathroom was big enough to have a party in, great shower and again very well presented.

Unlike a previous reviewer I would say breakfast was excellent, real Irish hospitability with freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh fruit salad, figs, apricots, cereals etc. The cooked breakfast was excellent, you can really taste the county difference and the fact they had it a 7.30am for just me with the morning paper was so appreciated. Thanks to Beryl and her dearest, I think I found a gem not only from Trip advisor but a real quiet and relaxing spot in nearly the middle of the country.

I can guarantee the next time I am nearby I will make the diversion, go on it’s worth it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CasaMurguia
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Wow, old building and the largest room I ever had. What a great feeling when you walk up the stairs to your bed. Bathroom was large as well plus jaccuzzi which I didn't use. Plus a great restaurant nearby. The service was excellent the welcome warm. The breakfast was freshly prepared with high quality.
I would always come back to this gem. There is not much more to say as this place was perfect in all aspects.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2010

My husband and I arrived here on Christmas Eve after a nightmare 40 hours travelling from Bermuda due to numerous flight delays in Gatwick and Dublin. Once we pulled up to the beautiful house and checked in with a tour of our room courtesy of Beryl, all my stress melted away. The room was beautiful, Beryl was a delight, the breakfast was lovely each morning and our only disappointment was that we didn't get to sample the delights of the restaurant due to it being closed for Christmas.We will stay here every time we return to Longford from now on. Fabulous....

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple