All reviews vm restaurant sunday lunch four poster bed top class chef gary wonderful food hidden gem warm welcome sitting room lovely room spa bath period furniture family members on arrival head chef lovely evening duck
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Great value at 50 euro a night for a single. My room had a mezzanine floor with sofa and television. Try the restaurant if you arrive in time for dinner. Local products abound, cooked with creativity and care. Ditto for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I stayed here just one night, actually last night. Arrived after a long day at work and a long drive and decided to check in before I worked a few more hours. Beryl greeted me in the beautiful home that dates back to 1750. I was staying in an extension that they build some years ago and what a fab room with a great loft, so much space for 4 people it was great. Like previous reviews the room was impeccable, cosy, and very comfortable. The fresh fruit was on the sideboard and the double height windows made for great natural light. The bathroom was big enough to have a party in, great shower and again very well presented.

Unlike a previous reviewer I would say breakfast was excellent, real Irish hospitability with freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh fruit salad, figs, apricots, cereals etc. The cooked breakfast was excellent, you can really taste the county difference and the fact they had it a 7.30am for just me with the morning paper was so appreciated. Thanks to Beryl and her dearest, I think I found a gem not only from Trip advisor but a real quiet and relaxing spot in nearly the middle of the country.

I can guarantee the next time I am nearby I will make the diversion, go on it’s worth it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CasaMurguia
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Wow, old building and the largest room I ever had. What a great feeling when you walk up the stairs to your bed. Bathroom was large as well plus jaccuzzi which I didn't use. Plus a great restaurant nearby. The service was excellent the welcome warm. The breakfast was freshly prepared with high quality.
I would always come back to this gem. There is not much more to say as this place was perfect in all aspects.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2010

My husband and I arrived here on Christmas Eve after a nightmare 40 hours travelling from Bermuda due to numerous flight delays in Gatwick and Dublin. Once we pulled up to the beautiful house and checked in with a tour of our room courtesy of Beryl, all my stress melted away. The room was beautiful, Beryl was a delight, the breakfast was lovely each morning and our only disappointment was that we didn't get to sample the delights of the restaurant due to it being closed for Christmas.We will stay here every time we return to Longford from now on. Fabulous....

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank celticcharm
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Such a beautiful house set in amazing grounds which are well worth exploring. Hosts so kind and welcoming. Excellent food at the top class restaurant. Definitely worth a substantial detour. A truly memorable stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business