“Called in after work for some lunch,”
Review of The Roost

The Roost
Ranked #16 of 44 Restaurants in Maynooth
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

Chris met us at door took our details (covid aware)
Showed us to our table and chatted along the way, menu has something for everyone. We gave our orders and had look around. This place is huge inside lots of seating and spotless clean, staff are friendly and very helpful, now the most important part “the food” I got the beer battered fish with chips and side salad and I have to say I haven’t tasted fish this good in years, cooked to perfection and the batter was so light and tasty it was delicious, very generous amount of chips with mushy peas and refreshing side salad. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole meal. Thanks very much to the staff for most enjoyable lunch
And of course Chris for service with a smile

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (198)

Reviewed 9 August 2021

During a stay at the Glenroyal we ate here. After 2 days in Dublin the prices here were a welcome return to reasonable levels. The food was hot (something other restaurants seem to overlook!) and were generous portions. The best meal and best value meal we had on our trip.

We were served by a lovely lady with bobbed dark hair - she was delighful.

Excellent Covid precautions.

Reviewed 1 August 2021

While I choose to eat outside my group found the noise level very high outside in the back in our opinion.We ate inside on this ocassion and the food was excellent.Also the staff were very friendly prompt and helpful.I would recommend to my friends

1  Thank Getaway310759
Reviewed 13 July 2021

My friends and I went here on a night out. A baileys was ordered and it tasted like the Aldi equivalent. A grapefruit appeared on the Victoria Secret not stated on the menu which one was allergic too. When asked for a fresh drink the waiter asked ‘could I just take it off?’. The espresso martinis were the worst I have ever had. Extremely disappointing and will not be returning or recommending.

1  Thank Lorna H
Reviewed 9 July 2021

Prior to the Covid lockdown we always ended our Royal Canal walk with a pint and a sandwich in the bar of The Roost. Mans best friend was always permitted and sat quietly under the table as we enjoyed our food and pints. Unfortunately and surprisingly in the Covid era and open air drinking and dining a grumpy new face on the floor refused us admission last evening. Be assured it's not a common policy among the pubs in Maynooth and we moved to Bradys on the Square where we were all warmly welcomed and a bowl of cool water was immediately provided for our four legged friend.