“Love the Roost!”

Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2020

We go to the Roost for food and drinks very frequently. We always experience friendly, generous service, from Jazz, Adrienne, Vicki and all other staff in the restaurant. The food is always good, from steak to salads, from carvery to curries. The atmosphere in the Roost is congenial, and we like to sit in the booths, which gives us a wonderful view of the liveliness of the surroundings. After we eat, we often repair to the bar with the fire and music, where Henry presides over an excellent service. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank brid_connolly
Write a reviewReviews (198)

Reviewed 8 December 2019

Fantastic food! Come here every weekend if not twice. Served by Vicky who is so helpful,nice and knows her stuff. I cant believe the previous reviews which are NONSENSE saying food is awful so not true as a regular here. Food is so tasty,
hot and has really good portions for their price. The pub is always full with people dining here. Definetly recommended peeps. Great menu and very reasonably priced menu. Thank you Vicky and staff

Reviewed 8 December 2019

My family and I visit the Roost every weekend for some yummy food. We always get greeted by Vicky who is always so pleasant, helpful and nice. Our daughter is a picky eater and it's no problem to Vicky to have the food dished out the way our daughter wants it. Now let's talk about the food. We are coming here years and the food is delicious. There is a great menu and it has vegetarian options too. In all the years we are coming here I havent a bad word to say. I have recommended this bar to friends and they too have had nothing but good things to say. Thank you Vicky and staff.

Reviewed 5 December 2019

This is the WORST restaurant ever. The food was VOMIT worthy. SERVICE doesn’t exist. Never got our extra gravy, mayonnaise and they don’t have Fanta ???? Cmon club orange is mediocre. I’m so upset I actually went into the bathroom and cried… THANKS.

2  Thank Kacimcck
Reviewed 15 November 2019 via mobile

I was out with my friends and they requested us to leave I asked why and they would not give us an answer we were wearing appropriate clothing and causing no trouble or being too loud very poor management! Recommend not to dine here!

Date of visit: November 2019