“Just what we needed, 1st night”
Review of Stone Haven

Stone Haven
Ranked #10 of 47 Restaurants in Maynooth
Price range: US$19 - US$31
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Stone Haven Restaurant is a family run business and we firmly believe that what makes us different is our varied and high quality menu. Since 2003 we've been delivering a high quality products and service to clients building a reputation for excellence, strength and affordability. The Stone Haven provides a stylish and relaxing dining environment in which superb modern food is served in a professional and friendly service. Ideal setting for a special occasion and expertly caters for large parties. We have an extensive wine list that is sure to please the most refined tastes. A recently added outdoor beer garden which makes a fantastic spot to relax and take in the summer sun. With a full a la cart menu seven days a week, we also have a Meal Deal Menu 2 course €17.00 & 3 Course €20.00 From Sun till Thur All evening. New Steak on the Stone Special Only €16.95 For an 8oz Prime Irish Fillet Steak on the Stone served Mon-Thur All Evening. Opening Mon-Sat 5.00Pm till late, Sundays 1.00Pm till late, we also open for lunch for private functions, christenings,communions, confirmations,birthdays, graduations or any special occasion.
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

We we're weary travelers looking for a quiet place to sit and enjoy good food and drink. This was the spot. Terrific dinner, service and experience.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank rsparmiter

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant recently on a Saturday evening, having dined here many years ago I was looking forward to trying it again. Well I was so very disappointed I shouldn't have bothered.
The decor has not been updated in years still the same as when I was last here, only difference being it looks grubby and neglected.
The food was pathetic, my starter was the only decent food we received; it was prawn torpedoes which were tasty, my husband had the ceasar salad if you could call it that? Our mains were disgraceful I had a chicken stir-fry which was tasteless & had some yellow gone off broccoli mixed in very underwhelming. My husband ordered a chicken mariana which sounded delicious but arrived on the plate looking like a boiled chicken fillet, white and bland. Unfortunately I couldn't order a dessert as I felt I would be disappointed with that too.
I definitely won't be returning and would not recommend this restaurant, there are so many fabulous alternative places to eat in
Maynooth try them instead!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank 420catherinep
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Visited here on Saturday 15/09 after a recommendation to find the food was ok if a little expensive, €7.95 for a starter of chicken wings and around €17/18 for a chicken pasta main. I had the surf and turf which was lovely to be far and this was priced €26.95. We had passed about 3 restaurants on our way here which were all offering early bird menus for 2-3 course for 18-23 euro which we were sorry we didn’t go to one of these €62 for 1 starter 2 mains and a glassy of wine I think is not good value. But the food was nice maybe try here for early bird otherwise there are plenty of restaurants to pick from all within walking distance.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Really lovely friendly staff, great location tucked away beside the river, and a good selection of local beers to complement the steak. My wife had the salmon, and it was very nice too.

We went on a Friday night at peak time, and it wasnt too busy. They were advertising some great value early bird deals and a Sun-Thursday steak special.

Only downsides would be that parking can be tricky when the car park under the shopping centre is closed, and there are a lot of stairs - so access for prams or a wheelchair would be problematic.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank nollag
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Before the return to school, we decided to give our 2 girls a treat and booked the Stonehaven. The food was par excellance, the service was friendly and professional. The quality & quantity was fantastic and we had 4 different meals and drinks which were served witha smile, finishing off with a cholate fondue to die for, YES we were very happy, thank you

Date of visit: August 2018