“Management at fault here, staff lovely” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
“Management at fault here, staff lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Have stayed in lots of 4 and 5 star hotels and can honestly say we were never treated so badly and i will not be recommending it to anyone...

2 Thank Galwaygirl101
CHDGM, Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Dear Galwaygirl101,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly about your experience with us and go through the details of any issues that you may have had.

Please feel free to contact me on 01 - 6517757

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed one night b&b+d in the old house with my husband. We both work full time, have a 1 yr old and am 37 weeks pregnant. Room wasnt amazing, but it was so quiet, we got fantastic rest which was purpose of stay. Staff very friendly and lovely atmosphere of Irish hospitality. Full choice from menu for "package" dinner, no supplements for this or that, and food really good. Explored some of the reception rooms of the old house which are stunning and make you want to think of a reason to have a function just to use them. Didn't get as far as using the leisure facilities or explore much of the grounds but will next time. Definitely my favourite hotel in the short trip from Dublin region and will return asap.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Eimor
Dear Eimor,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

It is great to see that we are now your new favorite hotel for a short break. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist you in anyway with your next booking at Carton House.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I recently attended a conference in Carton House. all aspects of my stay, facilities, bedroom and food was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I look forward to my return in a month for a leisure weekend stay.... Thanks to all at Carton

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear holsgirls,

I am delighted to see that you had such a successful conference here in Carton House and I have
passed your kind comments on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back next month when you will be sure of the same level of care and attention for your weekend break.

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My friend and I had a short mini break here for one night in February. We shared a twin room in the new part of this large hotel (built in 2006). Our room was adequate in size though not huge. Beds were comfortable with good duvets and pillows. Bathroom was fitted with a large modern bath and shower with a "rain" head...very good. Our room was quiet and though the hotel was busy it was in no way noisy at night time. We availed of the spa and were treated well by the staff there. Our overnight package (€90 each) included a 3 course dinner. It was good but I was disappointed with the main course....tiny sample of veg and small portion of whipped mash potato. Breakfast on the other hand was great...all you could eat and very good fruit selection. The grounds of Carton are vast and have two walking trails marked out (3km and 6.5km). We did the shorter trail and it added to our enjoyment of this venue.We were also able to tour some of the historic rooms of Carton and embrace the history of the Earls of Leinster...very sentimental. Carton is a place that enables you to get away from it all and yet it is so close to Maynooth. We took the opportunity to explore some of the old part of Maynooth College too including the historic St. Patrick's Church. I would certainly recommend Carton for a short stay. We're not into golf which Carton is renowned for and yet we still found plenty to do!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a front view.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear BMRCIreland,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us here in Carton House. The original part of the hotel is really special and it is great that you found the time to explore some parts of it and some of the 1,140 acres of parkland on offer here in Carton Demesne.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Carton in the near future and if I can be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Spent 1 night away with a friend for a relaxing break. First impressions are really fantastic. The hotel and grounds are beautiful. We had a standard twim room with a view which was fine. The spa is top class and well worth the visit. We had planned to go swimming but it was a Saturday afternoon and the pool was full of children, families, noise, etc. Great for families but not what we were looking for at this time. We ate in the Linden Restaurant and were not overly impressed with the food. It looked lovely on the plate but didn't taste as good as it looked. The breakfast buffet was fairly standard but the scones were hard and the fruit selection was limited to apples, oranges, bananas and tinned grapefruit. The food from the bar for lunch was much more enjoyable. Take time to walk the grounds and explore the old part of the house. If I were to return, I'd request a room in the house and would eat from the bar.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SK5
Dear SK5,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that overall you had a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the grounds and facilities on offer here in Carton House.

If there is any aspect of your dinner experience that you found disappointing please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be sure to share the feedback with our Kitchen Team which will help us to make any required improvements to specific dishes.

We do provide a full whole fruit platter along with freshly chopped fruit salad on our breakfast buffet alongside Prunes, Dates, Apricots and grapefruit segments as standard however if there are any items in particular you would like to see on our buffet we would be happy to provide them on request.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Deputy General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
10.1 km away
6.2 km away
Celbridge Manor Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge

Been to Carton House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!