“Fantastic Place”

Ranked #12 of 44 Restaurants in Maynooth
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our cosy rivereside restaurant seats forty people. We also have an Al Fresco dining area seating up to forty people along the riverside overlooking Maynooth Castle. We serve lunch from 12 daily Monday to Sunday.Breakfast served on Saturday and Sunday from 10am Earlybird menu available at selected times. We have a dining area suitable for groups (communions,confirmations, birthdays business lunch) up to 30 people for a lunch or dinner booking, with stunning views of castle castle.Wine and bottled beer available Call us for more details.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This restaurant is well worth a visit. The food is simply excellent, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The menu is extensive - pizzas, pastas, fish, burgers, sandwiches, wraps - something to suit everyone. It is great value for money.

I've been there for dinners and lunches, and I will definitely go there again.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The food in the GateHouse is always exceptional. The breakfast, for me, stands out above all other dishes. It is excellent. The salads are excellent and the burgers too. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went for a meal in the gatehouse awhile back with a few friends of mine we had a selection from the menus from pasta dishes to pizzas and I had there gigantic burger all delish. We sat at the table facing the open kitchen and was surprised to see such young talent in the kitchen they reminded me of a Jamie Oliver double act safe to say two for the future can't wait for are next visit ps try there homemade brownies

2  Thank Muffmunchy
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Was here for dinner with my family on Friday night, I have to say our overall experience was amazing, the staff were so welcoming and obliging and made us very comfortable from start to finish asking how our food was and if we needed anything, of course the food was delicious aswell I chose mine from the early bird and had the pate to start which was very tasty, for my main I had the stuffed chicken fillet and for dessert I had the warm chocolate pudding both were gorgeous, when it came to the bill we Were very surprised at how reasonable it Was! We will definitely be back soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'm not one to post reviews, but this was just so bad i feel i have to help warn people of this place. Other than the waiting staff who were exceptionally nice this place leaves a lot to be desired. the bill was not expensive but still a massive waste of money. we were there at 8pm on a Friday and the place was empty now i know why. It seemed as if the waiter was embarressed to serve us are food. I had soup which was just completely tasteless and my boyfriend had pate which wasn't smooth at all infact there were massive chunks of butter inside and served with burnt brown bread when on the menu it says brioche. For mains i had a duck pizza, the base was rock hard and was just so greasy, he had spagetti and chorizo which was also greasy, infact that was swimming in oil. We didnt wait for dessert or coffee, won't be back

3  Thank Sophie Z