“Absolutely Fabulous ”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Luck enough to get a reservation for dinner at 20.30. Before going into restaurant, we took advice from owner and attended his brothers restaurant in Fagans Lane which is just around the corner, for cocktails. The service was fantastic. The staff and owners took time to chat to us, the drinks were delicious and we were given the choice of either eating there (La Brasserie) or sticking with our reservation in Bistro 53. We ate at Bistro 53. The experience was amazing. First and foremost, when choosing a bottle of wine we were afforded the option of tasting wines... prior to selection. This enabled us to choose a delicious wine that
we all enjoyed. As for the food served. Everything was delicious.
For starters, We shared a platter between 3 with ample helpings. Absolutely delicious!!
For mains we had a selection of pasta dishes. Again all extremely tasty.
In regards to service.... We all agreed the staff were totally professional in their manner. It was an extremely busy night, yet they were very attentive throughout our meal. Flavoured water was continually topped up as was our wine. Again staff very courteous and friendly and made us feel very welcome. We were not rushed at all and had an extremely enjoyable evening. We would thoroughly recommend this gem of a restaurant alongside La Brasserie. Would definitely return on are next visit to maynooth.

4  Thank Christina S

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had lunch with business counterparts- a very nice restaurant, intimic with excellent food, price is quite fair, very good service.

1  Thank doritS94
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really fab sea food. Fresh and plentiful. Great staff welcoming and attentive. €25 for 2 courses. Scallops fab starter. Sea bass moist and fresh. Seafood linguine really tasty

2  Thank mosi_10
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely restaurant. I had been there for lunch before, which was always good, but this was my first evening visit. The place was buzzing but luckily, we had booked a table so we didn't have to wait. The staff were so pleasant, especially our waiter. Service was prompt. I had the scallops & black pudding starter, which was amazing. However, I ordered the seafood fettuccine and sadly, the fettuccine was under cooked. I like my pasta 'al dente' but this had not achieved that level of cooked. I said it to the waitress, but she did not seem to be very concerned. We had a lovely night and I would definitely go back again.

1  Thank Ann D
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

As always another great experience in Bistro 53 in Maynooth. Fantastic lunch deal at €11.95 for 2 courses until 3pm. Nice setting with really welcoming staff. Flavoured water was constantly topped up into my glass which was an added bonus .
Enjoyed chicken wings for my starter and had lasagna with the option of chips or salad on the side at no extra cost for my main course.
Will definitely be returning, very happy customer

Date of visit: October 2018