See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 April 2016

I stayed in Kilcar House for a while after taking a new job in Dublin. The B&B accommodation is first class. Rooms are all en suite and always clean and warm. Annette and Aidan are very hospitable and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
KilcarHouse, Owner at Kilcar House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Dear Martin

Thank you for your kind review, it is most appreciated. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

My mum and dad (Breda & Ken) have just returned home after spending 4 nights here. They are full of praises for Annette & Aidan who couldn't do enough for them. They'll look forward to coming back again, and based on what they've told us - Kilcar will be first on my list next time I'm over!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
KilcarHouse, Owner at Kilcar House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Dear Lottylou38

We are delighted that Breda and Ken enjoyed their stay with us. We appreciate your lovely review and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back soon again.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

I've used Klicar House on a number of occasions and on every visit I found the rooms clean, tidy and warm. Fresh towels are provided daily and the rooms and bathrooms are equipped with all the basic facilities you would expect. The owners are hospitable, welcoming and friendly and house is decorated to a warm, homely standard. Kilcar House is located within very close proximity to Maynooth, Leixlip and Carton House, and is within close distance of Dublin with several public transport options from Maynooth town itself. Great value for money and highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Dear Alan

Thank you for your kind review, it is greatly appreciated. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

Lovely place to stay. The owners are very hospitable and helpful. Rooms are en suite and very clean with fresh towels left in ur room everyday and always nice n warm. Would highly recommend!! Great value for money! Very easy access to maynooth and lexlip.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
KilcarHouse, Owner at Kilcar House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear Brendan

Thank you for your lovely review, it is most appreciated. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 15 January 2016

I stayed for one night and did not like it at all. Room was dark, old fashioned and musty. There was a spider in the pillow so this turned me off getting into the bed. The "dining room" is big, cold and not inviting. Cheap dining room chairs with cobwebs. I did not find it comfortable and was not of high standard that some people have been describing. I did not enjoy the breakfast and could not bring myself to eat much as I feared that the kitchen was as shabby as the rest of the place. I did not feel that it was easy to complain as the woman was lovely, and very chatty. It had turned me off B and B's, however, I decided to write this review because I found a lovely B and B in Galway am staying there as I write this. There is such a difference in the quality, and I think Kilcar House really need to update their facility.

Stayed: September 2015
KilcarHouse, Owner at Kilcar House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Dear 159Solo

It is most disappointing to read your comment about your stay with us. We refute your comment about the quality of our decor and cleanliness of our rooms, which are evident on our website. We reject your comment about the standard and quality of the kitchen, which is based only on an assumption. We are committed to providing a quality B&B service, which is Failte Ireland approved and inspected.

We welcome all honest, informative reviews. Unfortunately it is very hard to resolve any issues after a guest has left and particularly where issues are over four months old.

We hope you have better luck in the future finding accommodation to your satisfaction and have some positive experiences.

Wishing you all the best in the future.