All reviews eldest daughter key card only stayed one night comfortable room minute walk grounds are beautiful seminary study ensuite desk castle wardrobe ireland dormitory sink heating
Reviewed 5 October 2018

I had a number of friend staying there and they ALL like it a lot.
It is convenient and peaceful. Very inexpensive. Simple, clean and quiet. It is center of a town. Within walking distance to buses and train.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2018

As a student, our daughter stayed here so I knew what to expect. My husband and I were here for 1 night while dropping our daughter off at the university. There are not many hotel options in Maynooth and I was looking for something inexpensive. We chose the least expensive College Room. It is really dormitory living - 2 twin beds, a desk, a sink and a wardrobe. The shared showers and toilet are down the hall. It was fine for what we needed. The room and the shower/toilet facilities were clean. We payed 7 euro extra each for breakfast which was worth not having to find a restaurant in town. Total for the room and breakfast was 70 euro. The building was very quiet the night we stayed there but the walls are very thin and noise could very well be a problem if the floor was full. My suggestion is to bring ear plugs just in case.

Our daughter led us to the reception office but I can definitely tell that signage is an issue. I would not have known where to go otherwise. The Dublin Castle is right outside the entrance. Standing with the castle on your right, there is a driveway and two entry arches. Go to the left arch and the office is right there. Very nice staff.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Very basic spartan student accommodation adapted for non student visitors. Beds comfortable, bed linen clean, bathroom clean, showers good. Communal kitchen adequate.Problems with electronic door cards to bedrooms, had to reset twice. Security staff pleasant and helpful with opening doors ! Wifi poor.Building hard to locate, poor signage. 240 euro for 2 nights expensive for what it was.However good base,car parking and easy 12 minutes walk to Maynooth Rail Station.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Mixed review staying here.
Loved the surroundings with gardens and felt very safe as a lone female but felt for the price a breakfast could of been included.
Bathrooms very small and hard to work with door location.
Bed comfortable but without even a fridge for a 6 night stay very difficult to keep food.
Staff could of been abit more friendly and abit unorganized as was locked out of my room at one stage as booking mixed up.
Great cleaning staff though.
Bonus was free parking as summer and not busy.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Don't stay here. Groups of foreign students screaming & shouting literally outside bedroom window. Walls so thin the snoring next door kept me awake all night. One thin pillow. No water glass. Depressing.

Date of stay: July 2018