“Best in Maynooth.”
Review of Shoda Market Cafe

Shoda Market Cafe
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Maynooth
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Description: Shoda Market Cafe is Irelands newest lifestyle cafe in Maynooth. Serving a range of great tasting healthy dishes for all tastes and preferences. We focus on great coffee, fantastic wines, quality food with excellent service in a warm a spacious environment.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Best place in Maynooth for sure,have visited Shoda many times and have to say its a Best place for nicest food and best coffee.Have tried almost everything from their Menu and its always fresh and made with some special Twist which is different to other places around. Well done guys and keep doing good work.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for brunch one morning, he ordered the berries on pancakes and I got the avocado special (eggs Benedict with smoked salmon and avocado) and we each had a latte.
1. It was soooo overpriced for food that clearly had been reheated at best
2. My boyfriends “pancakes” were just crepes, very small with not a lot going on. they tasted fine but he left hungry and was expecting big fluffy pancakes!
3. My avocado special was so bad. The egg, supposed to be poached, came out rock hard. The avocado spread was fine but nothing special and there was a measly line of hollandaise. The real issue was the raw piece of ciabatta underneath it. The very top was a bit burnt but once you cut into the middle it was completely cold. The entire dish was such a let down, very cold and pretty much slapped down into a plate.

Needless to say we won’t be coming back, we were really disappointed because we wanted to really love this spot!

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Great coffee love that they have vannila flavour soy milk also my favourite is the avocado special.

Shoda is great for all meet ups friends family and kids there is something for everyone.
All the staff are very friendly and welcoming. Jack is a credit to the place builds up a repore with the customers a credit to Shoda. He goes the extra mile with everyone he has great customer service.

1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Snappy blonde till staff was cold and rudely cut across us on our order twice. She then demanded we order our coffees with her separately at the desk. Very unfriendly and unwelcoming. Would not recommend

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here recently. Pricewise it wasn't bad. €28.00 for the two of us. However, it was hard to not to notice that, although the young women serving had their hair restrained, the two young male servers seemed blissfully unaware that it is totally inappropriate to keep running fingers through hair and then immediately to insert those same fingers into four cups to lift them by their rims. Hygenically, this unhealthy habit needs to be addressed!

My other half had very nice curried vegetable soup and a tuna melt sandwich. Both were delicious, substantial and very filling.

I had a fishcake with three salads. The fishcake was disappointing as it contained very little fish! I like my fish cakes to be primarily fish, which is why I never buy packaged ones. The fishmonger just across from Shoda make very good fish cakes, and I'd expect restaurant fish cakes to be at least that standard. This fishcake was strongly flavoured with herbs but the consistency was more like stuffing than fish!

On the other hand, the salads were a feast, not only for the tummy, but for the eye. There was a pea, potato and egg salad - an unusual but very nice mix. The beetroot and pinenut salad was gorgeous and the pasta salad was delicious.

This was our first full lunch in Shoda. I won't go for fishcake again but I will try something else - especially if the male servers are taught to leave their hair alone!