“Class getaway accomadation !”
Review of The Lodge

The Lodge
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Lodge Restaurant, Where family and friends gather around good food. All our suppliers are locals, Our salads are 100% organic and grown next to the sea in Cleggan, Maldon sea salt is used in our kitchen & on our tables. We use Connemara Mountain Lamb & our mussels are grown on Killary Harbour this combined with our dedication to good food, We know you will remember your experience at the Lodge.
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Firstly , there’s an energy about this place which makes me feel so comfortable ,

Very laid back is this place , very much like the people ...
Very friendly and welcoming....
This is the best hostel in the world

I’ve never come across a better one and I can say I’ve been around ...

The rooms are immaculate.!
Very cozy place and will recommend this to anyone whom is looking for a retreat ...
Feet up and relax

2  Thank Mark J

Reviewed 30 December 2017

I loved both my trips here.

The food was incredible.

The restaurant is only open in the summer. The chef Marco is not only talented, but also a thoroughly nice gentleman.

The first time I came I had the special, three types of pan fried fish, on a bed of Asian greens in a Thai Curry style sauce. Absolutely delicious.

The second time I came, I brought family, having raved to them about my meal there. When I arrived, the kitchen was shut. Marco was on his way in to the building, on his break. I said that we came from Galway for the food and I was gutted the kitchen was shut. He told us to wait, found staff, and opened the kitchen just for us. So nice! Again, the food was amazing.

I tried to visit a third time, but I was told the kitchen was shut until the summer!

Lovely surroundings, fabulous food and friendly staff. A real treat hidden in Connemara. Bravo Marco!

3  Thank WilkyTwycross
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

The best lamb burger I have ever had the whole meal was great I will be going back and have recommended the place to all my friends

2  Thank karl w
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We'd a lovely relaxing stay here. Our room was really comfortable, big bed and new en suite bathroom. The kitchen facilities were great but the social area let it down. Overall a nice place to stay with lots of parking too.

2  Thank michellekildare
Reviewed 7 September 2017

From this young, enthusiastic chef, forager, artist, genius came an incredible vision of delightful food fit for royalty! We had the catch of the day and Lobster, both were stunning in presentation, creativity, and taste. I cannot tell you how pleased and surprised we were to find such a delight! My highest recommendation!

5  Thank carole m