US$74
US$120
US$103
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

Barry's Hotel(Clifden)
US$471
US$410
  • Spa
Foyles Hotel(Clifden)(Great Value!)
US$102
  • Restaurant
Alcock & Brown Hotel(Clifden)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$98
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

We sat on their patio and had some great local oysters with a glass of white wine. Very yummy.
They are right on the main street through letterfrack.
We enjoyed our snack sitting on their outside tables in the sun

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Standard hostel rooms and facilities, not much wrong with it, although the rooms are a bit smelly for some reason, seems they have a humidity problem. Wifi just didn't work in the room, had to go to the common room in order to get reception. Common room is large with a good kitchen, although if you have some money to spare it is recommend to eat in the pub, the food there is some of the best I've had during my 3 week stay in Ireland, absolutely top.

Where I found the place lacking is atmosphere. Staff in the pub seem to be just doing their jobs, aren't particularly welcoming, can't really be bothered interacting with the guests. The owner is different,he is friendly and open for a chat, but he spends most of his time in the kitchen it seems.

This is a hostel. In a hostel I expect to find staff that can tell me a few things about the region, tips to do and see, that have walking and cycling maps available etc. Unfortunately this aspect of the hostel experience is lacking here.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2015

Spent a night there on a road trip recently. Staff was very friendly and forthcoming upon arrival; I got a basic but decent room on very short (i.e. no) notice. Food was very good, and so were the pints. What makes this a five-star review though is that when I left behind my toiletry bag they posted it back to me to Belgium, and even didn't take up my offer of compensation! Can't take this for granted, great service!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Had a great time here, the people were so nice.

The only downside was being hassled by a guy who said he was a coastguard (Phil/Pete?)
In the end we relented giving him 50 for him to go and visit his kids.
Despite getting conned by him, my wife and I would most definiteky return.we had a lovely time.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jim P
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Large bedroom with open style wardrobe. Bathroom a bit small though. Excellent kitchen/living area. Lovely BBQ area outside. Bar food was tremendous and staff are friendly. Locals are great fun. One hour from Galway by bus. Walking distance of Connemara national park.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple