4,193 results
All reviews dublin airport free shuttle busy hotel large hotel an early flight the bus bar area car parking park and fly bar food following morning checking in shuttle service single bed stayed here for one night last night an overnight stay
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

we stayed at this hotel exactly a year ago and left a fairly dismal report.
We were contacted by a manager and asked the chance to remedy the short Commings.
After a week of trying to book a couple of rooms and talking to complete idiots we eventually spoke to a lovely lady Theodora. Who booked our rooms. We received the discount and upgrade as promised.
The new decor rooms we received were spacious and comfortable and fitted to the higher standard.
I can't fault the hotel this time. Great room. Great value. Good recovery

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank unkybuck
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We stayed at the Clayton, Dublin Airport just for one night prior to an early flight. Checkin was smooth and we were taken care of by Joan who provided us with one of the new rooms in the hotel. We had lunch in the Playwright Bar in the lobby and were exceedingly well looked after by a phenomenally professional young man - name escapes me but he was on mid-afternoon on 28 Nov. - most professional, efficient and friendly staff member we've come across anywhere in the world in years (give him a raise or some praise before he is headhunted). We also enjoyed dinner (in the Library) as part of a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast package - again, a great meal with very courteous service. Breakfast was the buffet and fine. As the hotel increases in size (latest renovation adding 100 rooms), the breakfast buffet area will definitely need redesigning - there simply won't be enough room for people to move through and serve themselves without food being cold at the end of the process. The hotel room itself was brand new and looked very slick. Beds on the firm side of comfortable - but perhaps just need breaking in. There are a lot of construction type individuals roaming the hallways at the moment with drills and hammers - so there was still quite a bit of day time noise - bring earplugs if an afternoon nap is on the agenda or reading or any other peaceful pursuit - but by early evening everyone has disappeared and the hallways are spotless. Hannah on reception helped us out a couple of times and was super-friendly and efficient. For what is turning into a massive hotel, there is still a personal touch. We used the shuttle to the airport in the morning and only waited about 10 minutes. If you don't fancy strong smells be aware that the lobby lounge area is permeated with a very strong air freshener (or something) - headache inducing and completely overwhelming - which is why we didn't bother eating there and moved into the Playwright Bar close by. Be aware that the free shuttle will drop you in the Coach Park at the airport - so if there are a few of you and you're wrangling a lot of luggage/children/elderly folks it could be worth taking a short taxi ride as you'll be dropped just outside the terminal building (and avoid the walk from the Coach Park to the terminals). Definitely a good option for a pre-flight hotel. Given the right price, we'd stay there again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JnVSydney
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve stayed at this hotel three times. I have the same issues all three times: shuttle takes forever, huge line at reception, lousy food, and punishing myself by trying twice to order food from the after hours kiosk. I literally waited 35-minutes tonight to order a chicken Caesar, only to be told they don’t offer it (it’s on the menu of ten or so things). Meanwhile the bar closed, and I can’t bring myself to order the cardboard pizza, or the par baked shared platter. I’ve had the pastries-they are gross.

The rooms are nice, and very clean, and the lobby is a nice place to have a drink, but the service here is painful. A person could spend two hours checking in and ordering a beer.

I’m never booking a room here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kris L
Reviewed 3 December 2017

My boyfriend and I chose to stay in this hotel the night before our 6am flight in order to get more sleep given we were coming from the southeast of Ireland.
We were told we were being "upgraded" to one of the new hotel rooms on the first floor.
The room was beautiful. However when we lay our heads down to go to sleep we realised there was thumping music being played loudly.
We thought at first it was coming from one of the rooms but soon realised it was coming from the bar downstairs.
My idea of an airport hotel is that everyone there is there to get sleep before an early flight. I was disappointed by the noise and therefore will be choosing a different airport hotel in future.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Stayed at the Clayton Airport Hotel this past week. A beautiful hotel, friendly staff and a free shuttle service to and from the International Airport. It is only about a 10 minute drive and the shuttle runs every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day. My room was large with iron, ironing board and hairdryer. It was really quiet and the bed extremely comfortable. Highly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: I was given a beautiful room without asking
Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank CarolEvelyn
Leslie R, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Dear CarolEvelyn
Thank you for choosing the Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport for your stay and for taking the time to write a review, you have no idea how much we really appreciate it, it makes all our hard work worthwhile. We are absolutely thrilled that everything went so well for you. All our guests opinions and feedback is very important to us as we work very hard to ensure that everyone has the very best stay possible and thank you for your kind comments, we would be delighted to welcome you back again in the future wherein you will receive the warmest of warm Clayton Hotel Dublin airport welcomes!!
Kind Regards