FindHotel
Destinia.com
StayForLong
Hurb
All reviews harp bar courtyard restaurant function room next morning wedding airport
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

I booked the restaurant to celebrate my granddaughters confirmation last Thursday and was very dissatisfied. I would always have recommended the restaurant and have had many family celebrations there over the years . I had booked for 17 and confirmed a booking for 6:30pm , I received a call to request if I wouldn’t mind changing the time to a later time to accommodate another confirmation booking . I agree but also explained we were also celebrating a confirmation.
Anyway we arrived for our later booking at 7pm with 4 children in the group . Our starters didn’t arrive until 7pm and our main meal arrived at 9 !!
I had to approach staff on two occasions to highlight the fact that the children were getting impatient and one was actually crying . My elder father also went to speak to the manager as he too was getting upset with the delay .
One child fell asleep across my daughters lap and never eat his dinner , we took it in a takeaway incase he woke in the car in the way home and was hungry.
It was awful, when I spoke to the manager and said I wasn’t happy he argued with me .
On paying he offered me a bottle of wine of which I refused as we don’t drink wine . He then said he reduced the cost of the meal but I’m still unsure what he reduced it by as I didn’t really understand his accent .
I feel I was ripped off and I was very embarrassed in front of all the family .
We won’t be going back !!! It was a waste of €322.30

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank hazelpauline
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Overnight stay with friends. Rooms need updating but are clean & comfortable rest of hotel really nice. Food excellent we had both Breakfast & dinner. Free parking and close to airport,location is good. Would stay again no problem

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank AMDDerry
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Lovely hotel! Room and bathroom were immaculate ..well done housekeeping! The bar had a lovely atmosphere great music reasonable menu for food great selection/ variety . Lovely white wine! Friendly receptionists (one person in particular should be more smiley and friendly as there are two other people who were fantastic and someone is letting them down regards amicability) Friendly bar staff with great character, they know the locals and they make you feel welcome ♥️ I'll be back again to try the rest of the services, but overall great experience :)

2  Thank Helena M
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Lovely hotel, gorgeus room ,great food also .Even though it was quiet because of january there was a lovely ambience in the lounge and friendly staff .They even gave us a late check out hour free of charge.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank sonya d
Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

Just spent 2 night at the hotel, nothing flash does the job. Close to the airport cost us 25 euro in a taxi. Check in was abit of a rough ride but got there in the end.

Onto the rooms, could do with a paint and a update, beds comfy to a point, on the single bed sheets where dirty. If you wanna quick brew in your room kettle takes about 30 mins they do work..

1  Thank thefixer1980