Hotels.com
Trip.com
Traveluro
getaroom.com
All reviews golf course play golf leisure facilities green room lovely hotel dublin airport bar menu next morning close to the airport spa golfers wedding ireland guinness
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2022

Recently booked for one night as had to rush home when my daughter was involved in a car accident, and the hotel offered good access to airport and port.
Arrived at 7.35 on a Saturday night to be told both restaurant and leisure facilities closed at 8pm, so I had to choose between dinner or a hottub.
Lovely woman in the restaurant, after a wait and a dither to get get seated.
My room was comfortable, albeit dated decor that may be to someone’s taste, but sleep escaped me.
Between 2am-4am there were parties up and down the corridors - constant knocking on doors, laughter, and shouting - I was horrified by the lack of sleep, and the fact the hotel staff did nothing about this .
An early rise to make the ferry, after a sleepless night, and I was disappointed to find no one at reception to enable check out, and for me to raise my concerns about the night I had experienced - just a sign with a phone number saying to ring if assistance was needed, which would have cost anyone without an Irish mobile number roaming charges, including myself.
Exhausting and debilitating to be travelling on under stressful circumstances with such a lack of sleep, and lack of responsibility from the hotel to provide the one thing I’d paid for.
I would not recommend a stay here, and will be contacting them in the week to enquire about a refund…. Such a shame from such a beautiful building.

Room tip: Don’t go there
Date of stay: May 2022
Ian McGuinness, Owner at Roganstown Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2022

Dear Lottie M

Thank you for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short stay with us here at Roganstown Hotel & Country Club. Firstly, please accept my sincerest apologies for the behaviour of one or two of our other guests that were excessively noisy entering their rooms in the late evening. We received only one reference on the night in question and our Night Manager spoke with the offending guests at the time.

Our dining areas, both bar & restaurant are open for last food orders until 8.45pm and although the Leisure centre does close at 8pm, the 8pm closing would generally be later than most other hotel leisure facilities. We will continue to monitor these opening / closing schedules to ensure that we offer our guests as much choice and flexibility as possible.

Our Nights Team have many functions to perform, including many activities such as floor walks, fire safety walks in addition to general cleaning and re setting tasks. This is the reason that we have a notice on how to contact a member of the nights team if they happen to be away from the reception desk. In addition to the note with a contact number, we have a large bell which can also be used.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time you have taken in providing us with your honest and constructive feedback and I again extend my apologies for any inconvenience some of other patrons may have caused you.

Reviewed 20 April 2022

Stayed in Roganstown last night & all i can say it was a disaster......the guy looking after orders in the bar/restaurant was the most ignorant man I have met in any hotel....arguing with other customers, arrogant , the food was over prices & bland....no hot water in the shower in the morning....in future I will not be returning.

Room 227....wont be back!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Ian McGuinness, Owner at Roganstown Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2022

Dear Walsh1983,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent overnight stay with us here at Roganstown. I have spoken at length with all of the staff that were on duty and all of whom would have a differing account of your comments. However, if you felt in any way inconvenienced I wish to extend my most sincere apologies.

I have had guests staying in #227 before and since your stay and they have not experienced any issues with the shower, and having inspected it personally I can attest that whatever issue you encountered was not one that has been repeated before or since your stay. Although it is disappointing to note that you would not consider Roganstown for a future stay, i thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 April 2022

This is a beautiful place in a great setting. The staff are great and the food is of high quality. We visited as part of a coach party and we very very happy to stay there. Just a couple of points. Initially I thought there was no shaver point in the bathroom. Eventually I found it high up on the wall over a long mirror. I could not reach it. I considered getting a chair then climbing onto the wash hand basin surface but rejected it as dangerous. I mention this to the manager at dinner time but he only stated that it had been designed that way! I also mentioned that there had been glasses and used plates outside my room since we had checked in early afternoon. but he just said that housekeeping would get to them. There were still there at 10pm. There were two golf courses and a swimming pool but we had to time to check them out. When we checked out a helpful MOS help me out with my luggage. I suggest that they buy a hundred three pin shaver adaptors.

Room tip: Bring a 3 pin point with shaver adaptor.
Date of stay: April 2022

Many thanks for your review of your recent short stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we will certainly take your comments on board. We regularly review all our guest feedback in order to help us identify areas we need to focus on improving.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 12 April 2022

Arrived late (10:30) to the hotel and was greeted by a most pleasant reception staff. Room was comfortable however could have done with some water. After a quick shower went to the bar for a night cap and some water at 11:01 only to be met by rude staff saving they already had taken last orders and had already counted the money.
My frustration was that the legal closing time in Ireland for last orders in pubs is 11:30 as it was a Monday night. I offered to take it to the room but the rude staff was having none of it.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Ian McGuinness, Owner at Roganstown Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2022

Dear Business-man-irl,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent stay with us here at Roganstown. I have already identified and resolved the issue relating to the lack of hospitality shown to you by one of our team members. I want to assure you that there will be no repeat of this and I apologise most sincerely for the inconvenience caused.

I hope that, due to the other positive comments you make on your visit, we may have a further opportunity in welcoming you back to Roganstown in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2022 via mobile

Peaceful location, Nice enough room with comfortable beds, could do with a few extras such as a bottle of water, some biscuits, a few more tea bags. A couple of biscuits maybe.
Very basic toiletries.
Friendly reception staff.
The food in the bar was excellent.
The Male bar staff were not the most friendly, they were actually very curt and not a bit welcoming as you might expect in a hotel.
Service was slow, the pints of Guinness were very poor so we didn’t return for the second night.
Doubtful we would return.

Room tip: Close proximity to swords, less than 10 minute drive.
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Keithsan,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short stay with us here at Roganstown. I would like to apologise if you felt that the staff in the Bar were in any way unwelcoming and I will speak with my F & B Managers to ensure that any staff member acting in such a manner is taken to task and undergoes the relevant corrective coaching. We will certainly take on board your constructive comments regarding the room amenities.

Thank you again for your review and for the honesty in your feedback.

Warm Regards