Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews leisure centre play golf green room round of golf lovely hotel dublin airport bar menu next morning spa golfers wedding ireland guinness
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2020

We recently had a renewal of our vows at Roganstown Hotel and Country Club. I cannot recommend them enough. From the planning of every detail with the amazing Norma Ken and John the entire staff could not have made it a more special day. The Hotel went completely above and beyond our expectations. Every one of our guests could not get over the room for the ceremony the restaurant the décor and the absolutely top class food. As wedding venue even in these strange times with low numbers the idyllic scenery and grounds make it 100% the best and most special experience. Norma went out of her way to make absolutely the most amazing day we could have hoped for.

1  Thank shayfay1
Ian McGuinness, Owner at Roganstown Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Dear Shayfay1,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review. It was our absolute pleasure to be a part of your vow renewal. Your kind words and the fact that yourself, Ann and all your guests had such a wonderful day, makes everyone's efforts worth it. You both had to be flexible with the ever increasing changes to government guidelines and this helped us immensely in ensuring that everyone had such a great time.

We are all thankful that you could still have such a special day despite the limitations and we hope that you will continue to enjoy the hospitality at Roganstown for many years to come.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 28 September 2020

Even though it is out in the countryside it is only 6-7 minutes drive to Swords village and convenient for the airport. The room overlooking the Golf Course was very comfortable. I made use of the Gym and Pool area on the evening I arrived. The food in the Bar was excellent, could not fault it, reasonably priced and good service. The breakfast the following morning was also well prepared and everything was fresh. I would certainly use this hotel again if in the area again.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank hilltop1

Dear Hilltop1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post a review of your recent short stay with us here at Roganstown Hotel & Country Club.

I was delighted to share your feedback with the team and we would like to thank you for your kind words. We have a fantastic location with, as you say, a few minutes to Swords by car. That coupled with the ease of access to the Airport and to the National Motorway network via the M50, allows us be the ideal base for anyone staying in Dublin.

The team here at Roganstown work very hard to ensure all of our guests experience an enjoyable stay and it makes the effort worthwhile when we receive such positive feedback. We are very much looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to Roganstown.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 27 September 2020 via mobile

So where do I start
First I understand with Covid the way things are now working but this hotel really needs to state things clearly on their site.
The problem started upon arriving at the pool. We had pre booked a time slot - arrived and a kids swimming classes were going on, when we spoke to the staff we were then told all changing rooms were closed due to Covid but we could change in the reception area where there were people booking classes and parents watching the kids ! So we were to change in a reception area to go swimming with people walking in & out collecting kids and booking lessons, Then a staff member approached and informed us the GOLF changing rooms were open !!!! So confused The pool itself was very grubby and in bad need of a revamp and regrouting. Definitely not a pool you would expect for a 4 star hotel.
Unfortunately things went downhill from there.
We had to walk back to our room soaking wet & were not treated with a great response when we asked for extra towels.
Dinner got even worse. Staff were totally on edge (not their fault as totally awful stiff manager was hovering around an empty restaurant) we were only sat down and got asked in the space of 5 minutes to order , we had to order food straight away because inspectors might be around, we were approached by two staff members 4 times in 10 minutes to take our order and felt pressured into making an order super quick. The food was fine no complaints and promptly when our time
Limit was up we were informed so. ( fair enough due to present issues).
As I’ve noticed in previous reviews and as well as being told upon check in we could get a drink for our room, at 21.30 we went to get a drink for our room only to be told the bar was closed and we had to wait until the night porter came in at 23.00 if we wanted a drink. Totally ridiculous.
This is certainly not a four star hotel and did not have a nice atmosphere, it’s not very welcoming and the rooms are basic. You kind of get the feeling that it’s near closing down and the staff appear miserable.
I really didn’t want to write this review as the person that has been responded to previous reviews appears to find it very difficult to accept criticism but there you go.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Z2388XEtanyam
Ian McGuinness, Owner at Roganstown Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

Dear Z2338XEtanyam,

Many thanks for the time you have taken to write a review on your recent short stay with us here at Roganstown Hotel & Country Club,

I was extremely disappointed to read your comments and I apologise if you felt in any way that we did not meet your expectations in some of the aspects of your stay. We, as all businesses, are adapting to a new way of conducting our business and at times this can mean that we get some things wrong. It is especially true when you take into account the constantly changing regulations and government guidance. We do however, have a link on the Homepage of our website outlining our COVID policy and the general measures we have in place for the health & safety of both our guests and staff.

Within this policy, we recommend that Hotel residents change in their rooms for the leisure as the changing facilities are limited at this time. I will certainly take your comments relating to dinner service to our management team. We discuss all guest feedback as a team and it affords us the opportunity to identify areas we need to improve upon.

I must also apologise if you felt from reading previous reviews that we do not take guest comments as honest and constructive feedback. As mentioned, we discuss all guest & staff feedback at our weekly Management briefing and we use them as a tool, in particular for staff training, to try and continuously improve both our product and our service.

I would like to once more thank you for taking the time in writing your review and I would be hopeful that if you decided to return to Roganstown at a future date then we could restore your faith.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 23 September 2020

Very cold entrance in both appreace and atmosphere reception greeting unfriendly on arrival was told Spa had closed that day will not be reopening only could book for swimming pool could not have a drink in the bar even though we were residents and even though on the Saturday night the golfers were allowed in there part of club house yes we could have drinks to our room but could be charged extra for room service
Rooms did not look what they advertise and where freezing dead flies on window sill and cobwebs inside and out
Rooms not serviced even dinner tray left in room all day had to request towels and toilet roll
We understand the difficult times we are in but nothing was explained to us definitely not 4 star
Charged for food we did not have
Would not recommend
Disappointed stay

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ian McGuinness, Owner at Roganstown Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2020

Dear LouiseQ516,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read your review however I have already responded to you by email.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 September 2020

What had been an enjoyable overnight stay was ruined at checkout. Checked in and checked out with no issue and was just collecting my receipt from the girl on reception when a man [who I presume is the owner / manager] came along and extremely rudely told me that I should be standing behind a table that was in front of the reception desk. There was no sign to indicate this and at no stage at check in or check out was this indicated to me and indeed I saw other people engaging with reception staff in the manner I had.
As a healthcare worker who worked all through lockdown I don't need advise on social distancing. If you want someone to engage from behind a table then let them know but this guy's attitude was bordering on aggressive. All staff we engaged with were friendly and professional but there is simply no excuse for this guys level of rudeness which as someone that stays in a lot of hotels is not something I've come across before. It's not the 1st time I've stayed there but I reckon it will be the last.

1  Thank jimmymac68
Ian McGuinness, Owner at Roganstown Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2020

In order to protect our staff and our guests we have undertaken a lot of new processes. We felt that big high screens at our reception desk would be a little intimidating so instead we have placed 2 tables at the front of the desk so there is 2 metre distance between the customer and the receptionist. It's not ideal but nothings perfect. It is perfectly obvious that the guest should stay behind the tables.

As our reception desk has an angle in it there is however a gap between the 2 tables. The gap is quite small and it takes an effort to squeeze up to the reception desk (where you are less than a metre from the receptionist).

You were politely requested to stand behind the tables as we were trying to maintain a 2 metre physical distance to protect staff and clients.