Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
US$185
US$129
US$106
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel(Swords)(Great Value!)
US$106
Hotwire.com
US$134
TripAdvisor
1,157 results
All reviewsdublin airportroom was cleanswords villagewould stay againcity centrewhat it says on the tincosts
Reviewed 9 October 2013

No, never again...... ! , however the bed was good, though i was not really feeling safe, to make it worst when my friend was trying to catch up the shuttle to the airport, some one from the hotel told her to use a taxy and asked her to pay 12 eur, this is really annoying!
for sure will not book this hotel anymore

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
David R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Ephie,

Many thanks for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We are always happy to receive feedback from our guests in relation to any issue, positive or negative. It is only through listening to our guests that we can constantly maintain and improve our service and standards.

We do have a shuttle bus service which runs from outside the hotel from 4.00am to 11.00pm every half hour. The cost of this service is €5pp or €7.50 return. If there are larger groups it can sometimes be more cost effective to use a taxi.

I am delighted you found the bed comfortable and I hope you reconsider your decision and come back to stay with us again in the future

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Room are spacious but a bit old. Bathroom/toilet is in need of an update. Foreign staff are 'strictly business' but the one Irish girl was really nice. Check in is 3pm firm even if the room is ready, early check in 10€. Wifi is 5€ PER DEVICE something I personally didn't like. Air port shuttle is 5€ PER PERSON. Therefore for two people it cost the same to use the shuttle as it does a taxi (10€). Something I also disagree with as other (pricer) hotels offer free shuttle. No lift (elevator). Credit card reader was difficult for the front desk staff to use and they themselves said it needs updating, which worried me at first but all was well with the card after.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Matt,

Many thanks for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We are always happy to receive feedback from our guests in relation to any issue, positive or negative. It is only through listening to our guests that we can constantly maintain and improve our service and standards.

We do have a shuttle bus which runs from outside the hotel from 4.00am to 11.00pm every half hour and there is indeed a charge for this service. As you mentioned other more expensive hotels offer free shuttles. At Travelodge we've carefully designed our hotels to give you all the things you need without having to pay for the unnecessary things you don't. Not all our customers require a free airport shuttle so we pass these savings on by offering great value in our room prices.

I am delighted you found our hotel great value and that our reception team were efficient and nice. We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Checked into the travel lodge. No messing because the room is paid in full at the time of booking - can't go wrong for €44.
The room was clean, quite large with a TV. Basic, but you know what you're getting before you book. There is a shuttle bus to the airport for €6 but it is also a managble 30 min walk if you fancy. The shower has two speeds - off and rip your skin off, extreme power shower. Was in town the night before and got a taxi back from Stephens Green. Thankfully I pre agreed €20 because the meter was running at €28. If your staying here to visit Dublin, you are a good spin from town. Enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2013
David R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

MadYolk,

Thank you for your comments about Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords. I'm delighted you think we offer great value as we do like to offer competitive rates all year round. Our Shuttle bus runs every half hour and costs €5 pp one way and €7.50 return. It commences from 4.00am every day so is ideal for early morning flights. We look forward to seeing you again for one of them.

Regards

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at the hotel because a family member had a 6 am flight so we needed someplace at short notice. It was the day of the All Ireland final so demand for hotels was high. As my team lost the game, some time was spent drowning our sorrows so we got to the hotel at 11pm. There was a large group of French people checking in and the two reception staff were most efficient. The one we dealt with was very friendly and full of chat, despite the late hour. The room was spotless and quiet. The place is basic but that's all you want when it's an overnight stay. There are tea/coffee making facilities and a high pressure shower to wake you up for an early start. Checkout was seamless and the shuttle prompt. No frills but cheerful comfort here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank spiceloft

Dear Spiceloft,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us. The team at the hotel constantly strive to offer a warm friendly service to our guests and I'm delighted to read that we have once again delivered.

I glad you found our rooms spotless and quiet and used our tea/coffee making facilities. The high pressure showers certainly do wake you up. We offer an express checkout which you found seamless and our half hourly shuttle service. I'm so sorry that your team lost... perhaps we will see you when they get to another final and maybe be more successful :)

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Booked for 2 nights as we love staying outside the city.Rooms are nice, we had a family room and it was tiny but still comfortable. Lovely receptionist Daniel and Paul were pleasant and helpful. Paul was the friendliest receptionist. The other guy that checked us in was rude, didn't look up from he's computer to talk to us and just looked pissed off I think he's name was Patrick. Our 2nd morning went for breakfast as its great value, children under 15 eat for free which is great as most hotels choldren under 12 only can eat for free so that was helpful for those who have over 15 yr old. Love 2 ladies at the restaurant meirread ( I know I spelled that wrong) and lovely Lala were so attentive and almost smiling so that made our morning.

One night we came back after a long day out and noticed the door next door was slightly open and it smelled like cooked food in the corridors and there was a lot of kids running in and out of the room, I went to ask them politely to keep it down as our 2 kids couldn't fall asleep and I saw the woman cooking a stew in a portable cooker and a rice cooker cooking rice on the counter....omgod I was shocked, I didn't know whether to laugh or be appalled. It seemed they lived here.

The great thing about this hotel is the price, it's cheap and affordable if nothing bothers you. It seemed ok and maybe I might stay again. I hope they get new management cause it does have potential.

Oh and free parking was a bonus as city centre hotels charge a lot.

Room Tip: Family room that we had was nice and seemed clean.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sachafierce,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us here in Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords. I have only just taken over as General Manager of the hotel but I am delighted to hear how friendly and helpful the staff were. I will pass on your kind words to Paul, Daniel, Mairead & Lala. They will delighted to hear that their efforts have been appreciated.

Our new all you can eat breakfast buffet has been very popular since we introduced it. You have obviously taken full advantage of the added value we offer with children Under 15 eating free. We do offer great value not only in our rooms but also in our restaurant.

Once again, thanks for your kind words and I hope we get an opportunity to see you again

Kind Regards,