Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2020 via mobile

Just home after a great night in the Gaslight Inn in Rossnowlagh. Such a beautiful house with a lot of history, check out their website. We met up with another couple for dinner and an overnight stay. Pauline and Anthony were so helpful and friendly. We had a cosy room with a side sea view, our friends had a full sea view room, both were comfy as Storm Dennis raged outside! Amazing view of the Wild Atlantic. Great meal on Valentines Night, good value at €25 and included a thoughtful glass of champagne! Breakfast this morning was cooked to order so was good, couldn’t believe we could all eat a full Irish after the lovely meal the night before!! Thanks again to Pauline and Anthony, we’ll be back!!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2019

We had a very nice "early dinner" at the gaslight. We come every year for at least one dinner during the Rory Gallagher festival in Ballyshannon.
The staff is very, very friendly and most attentive.
The food is of excellent quality and despite a misunderstanding about the preparation of my steak I was most pleased with what I got at the end.
Oh and by the way: the view is absolutely breathtaking.
We are looking forward to be back next year.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2019 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Gaslight Restaurant on a Sunday afternoon. There was a set four course Menu available and we both ordered a Main course only. Main course only was priced at €18.95 at this price we had great expectations! I ordered salmon and my husband ordered the traditional fish and chips. Our food arrived and we were both surprised at the small portion of chips served with the fish. We remarked to the waitress that the portion was small considering the price of the fish and she said that is the size of the portion they serve. Several minutes later a lady whom I now know to be the owner approached our table. She basically plonked another portion of chips on the table and said to my husband “you didn’t get enough chips” and walked away. We were totally shocked by the complete unprofessional and disrespectful manner we were spoken to. I left the chips at the empty table next to us untouched. When we finished our food we went up to pay and the man who was dealing with us asked if everything was ok? My husband said that he remarked to our waitress that the portion of chips was v small for the price charged. He thanked him for the feedback. I then explained that he was given another portion of chips by another waitress and how she spoke to us. This then followed from him that was his wife and no one has ever plonked a plate in front of anyone in this restaurant and they are in the business 20 years. I reiterated that it did happen and it was no way to speak to a customer. As if we were not shocked enough he then said to me “ all you are doing is ruining your own evening”!!!!!! Horrified by this uncalled for comment we left immediately and made our way to the door. If this is the basis of their Customer Service after 20 years in this business I suggest they close the doors. This was 5 o’clock on a Sunday evening and we were the only customers there. Any feedback/concern/remark by a dissatisfied customer is an opportunity to correct the situation and turn it around. However we seemed to spark the opposite reaction and were treated very disrespectfully and extremely rudely by the owners.
Avoid this Restaurant at all costs!!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
12  Thank Tcoupe1
Anthony M, Owner at The Gaslight Inn Rossnowlagh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2019

"A Statement from The Gaslight Inn Rossnowlagh" We are here to provide the best food, accommodation and service possible, but in doing so we will not tolerate abusive or aggressive behaviour from any of our customers. Signed The Gaslight Inn

Reviewed 28 November 2018 via mobile

I spent 3 wonderful days at the Gaslight Inn in May of this year. I had a beautiful room with a panorama window overseeing the ocean, and the owners went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible.

I was also really lucky with the weather, and so was able to enjoy the wonderful breakfast on the terrace with a view to the sea, and to close my days enjoying a good glass of wine watching amazing sunsets (even though the restaurant was not open every night, it was always possible to get something to drink).

I had an absolutely fabulous time, and am already counting the days until my daughter returns to Castlederg for horse riding, so that I have an excuse to spend a few peaceful days at the beach in the Gaslight....

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank alioca
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We were looking for last minute accommodation and came across The Gaslight Inn and booked over the phone without knowing anything about the property or the area. We arrived a half hour later and we were not expecting such a stunning view from the terrace, the location is amazing. The owners were lovely, very friendly and welcoming. We got a last minute table for dinner and the food was excellent. If we are in the area again we would love to return and book a room facing the beach as the views are so good.

Date of stay: August 2018