All reviews rossnowlagh beach sand house sea view marine spa surfers bar four poster bed nooks and crannies sunday lunch open fire fantastic location hake wild atlantic way chowder donegal bay glasshouse restaurant third floor second to none
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed five weeks ago and back again for three nights .
Very good service by Caroline and team - great breakfast - will be back soon .
Traditional style but very relaxing .
Views from room lovely and walk on beach exillerating

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely Sunday lunch for a family birthday celebration in the restaurant. Great food and service and the view from the restaurant is fantastic. Great variety to choose from, decent servings and prices are very competitive

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 932clairo
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Great for views of the beach, and breakfast meat was 110% but fried egg could have been runny, otherwise great service, wonderful rooms with view of beach and so comfy beds and fresh duvets 110%. The bar has Sky Sports and really good service, plus local real ales!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caspar S
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

During our holiday in Ireland we had a family meal booked for 22 at The Sandhouse Hotel. What a venue we had an area to ourselves. The food was amazing, so reasonably priced and the service was brilliant. The staff were so helpful and friendly. We had 4 birthdays among our party and they each had a lovely dessert with happy birthday written on their plates. The food was served so quickly despite the size of our party I was very impressed. I would definitely return there to eat when I return to Ireland .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nic H
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I stayed here last weekend as we were going surfing, I hadn't stayed in for a number of years. I hadn't been that impressed with the hotel a few years ago, so I wasn't in a rush back but now they have improved a couple of key areas.

Their food as improved a lot. Their dinner menu has got bigger and the quality was very impressive. I had a delicious lamp rump, cooked to perfection, so tender, it barely needed a knife. Reasonably priced too. I think word has spread of the good food there, as it hard to get a table if you are not staying in the hotel.

I love the fact that all the rooms have baths, which is wonderful after a couple of hours in the Atlantic Ocean. Lots of hot water too. Super handy if you come in from the ocean in your wetsuit and can run straight up to your room to get changed. Bliss.

Room Tip: Seaview if you are staying for the surfing
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple