“The Seafood is Fresher than Fresh”

Killybegs Seafood Shack
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Killybegs
Reviewed 30 July 2022

This restaurant is so inviting that people lineup for the food that purveyed from this small building. Most people pick up their meal in a box and take it to a nearby park to partake. You cannot go wrong with anything on their menu. They were awarded a plaque earlier this year for offering up some of the best food in Ireland. Do not miss this restaurant. If it was located in the U.S., it certainly would be visited on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

Date of visit: July 2022
2  Thank Marvin G
Write a reviewReviews (244)

Reviewed 27 June 2022

I visited for the first time yesterday. The scampi was undercooked and rubbery. The prawns were not fresh. I come from Portavogie and this is the worst scampi I have ever tasted.

3  Thank Josieann72668
Reviewed 26 June 2022

On bleak,stormy windswept day in Killybegs(just like any other day!)we opted not to try any of the depressing dine-in and choseto sit in the car with our lunch from the seafood shack. It 2as definitely the right decision...the tastiest ,freshest seafood cooked right in front of our eyes by 2 young ladies who were pleasant and welcoming despite facing agale force winds all day.
The scampi was amazing as was the calamari..all in all it even makes a trip to Killybegs worthwhile!

Reviewed 10 June 2022

Might be the best fish and chips in Ireland. Certainly the kindest, most generous and patient staff.

Reviewed 5 June 2022

I always have problems with fried seafood (fish or shrimp) as they mostly fail on the texture and taste. Mostly they are too oily, too salty or bland. But, the fish and chips at this place were perfect for me, chewy and not too salty. The first time I came here, I had the calamari and then the other day I returned for the scampi. Both were perfect. I really enjoyed my lunch with the view at the seafood shack. I had to wait on my second visit as there were but of tourists waiting, but the waiting time was normal.

Date of visit: May 2022