“Lovely lunch!!!”
Review of Ahoy Cafe

Ahoy Cafe
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Killybegs
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Description: Cafe serving breakfast, brunch, soups, sandwiches and hot lunches. Homemade baked goods and Lavazza Coffee all day too. Daily seafood specials.
Reviewed 23 April 2022 via mobile

Called in for lunch on our way to staying in Kilcar and so glad we did!! I ordered the seafood chowder and my wife the calamari and chips, both absolutely delicious and totally filling. For the quality the price’s were fantastic and the staff very attentive. Totally worth a visit!!

Date of visit: April 2022
Write a reviewReviews (254)

Reviewed 7 April 2022 via mobile

Another outstanding food spot, courtesy of Trip Advisor’s helpful reviews. We arrived in the middle of a downpour but the welcome was warm which made up for the misty and murky views across the water.
I had the Mexican Chicken wrap; it was stuffed with sriracha chicken, roasted red peppers and something that I think was quinoa. Whatever it was, it gave me a pleasant hum from just the right amount of spice.
Others in the party were impressed by the homemade roasted red pepper and tomato soup and a ham and cheese toasted sandwich. Portions were generous but we managed to find a corner for a coffee and the best Rocky Road I’ve had in years (chock full of large marshmallows, biscuit pieces and topped with white chocolate chips and drizzle).
Service was efficient and polite, the wait staff managing a fairly busy lunchtime without any sign of problem.
If you end up in Killybegs, this cafe is the first place I’d head for.

Date of visit: April 2022
Reviewed 19 March 2022 via mobile

Visited for lunch,I had chowder and chips.Can I just say the chowder was just wonderful, so full of fish and seafood, Good bowl size also.Left me wanting more,if I lived near here,I'd be back regularly for this alone.Good side portion of homemade chips.My husband had the fish tacos, they were nice but lacked enough spicy slaw n siracha mayo in our opinion.I spotted another diner having calamari salad and it looked nice....Would be nice to see crab claws on the menu here what with being in a fishing village... Would recommend anyone to pop in...

Date of visit: March 2022
1  Thank Galwaygirl1234
Reviewed 3 February 2022 via mobile

Stopped in here for a meal after I visited Slieve League on the advice of a local and I’m glad I did. The full Irish breakfast they serve hit the spot. Interior is modern and I enjoyed the view of the harbor.

Date of visit: January 2022
Reviewed 2 November 2021 via mobile

Had takeaway fish and chips, really looking forward to this as had a long walk on beach, unfortunately the batter on the fish we found really unpleasant.
There was a herb I think was sage might be wrong but something very strong and really not needed. Why mess with fish and chips it was not cheap, maybe some people don’t mind the taste but not for us totally spoiled it, just stick to a really good batter.

Date of visit: November 2021