2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$151
PricelineUS$152
HurbUS$157
1,539 results
All reviews leisure centre lovely hotel kids club cork city family break food was lovely both nights family room both mornings would highly recommend this hotel from start to finish enjoyable stay a lovely stay top class wedding ellis fota
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 November 2022

What a great hotel from check in to check out each and every member of staff were amazing. A credit to the hospitality sector. The facilities are excellent room was amazing, clean spacious and comfortable. Food was lovely both breakfast and restaurant were a joy . Leisure Center was clean well equipped .The bar was well stocked with a great selection of beer and spirits. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Well done to the staff and management keep up the good work

Date of stay: September 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Janice McConnell, General Manager at Oriel House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2022

Dear mickmurray,
Thank you taking the time to review your recent visit to the Oriel & for your kind words. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay & that our team were able to look after you so well.
We will look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

Reviewed 6 November 2022

A pleasant stay until check out day. We came back to our room after breakfast to find water coming down from the bathroom lights. Staff were apologetic but that's about it. Threw some towels down to mop up the water, but didn't offer fresh ones so we couldn't have a shower and we couldn't use the toilet as all the toilet paper was soaked. Plus, the room was on the older which was a shame because it's clear the hotel has been renovated and is very modern. Disappointed to say the least, and won't be rushing back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Janice McConnell, General Manager at Oriel House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2022

Dear Dean1080,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us & my sincerest apologies for the issue you encountered during your stay.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your feedback with you directly if you could please contact me on 021 4208400.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 6 November 2022 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights as a little getaway as our anniversary present. Check-in was fast and pleasent and the room was spacious, modern and had all the amenities you may need. We booked dinner on our first night there and I've got to say it was an awful experience. We arrived for our reservation and the one positive of this hotel is the friendliness of staff. We were brought to our table and given menus. We ordered drinks (1 pint and a strawberry daquiri). The drinks arrived approximately 20 or so minutes after they were ordered with food arriving before the drinks.We ordered a lamb and a steak. The steak for the price not great at all. The lamb was absolutely awful. One of the worst I have ever seen. It was impossible to cut and extremely chewy. Safe to say not enjoyable at all with my girlfriend not eating almost any of it but instead eating the side of chips and potatoes which came with the lamb. The plates were cleared and no question of "how was it" was asked. We ordered desserts which were very tasty. The manager came to clear the desserts and asked how was everything? I explained about the lamb and was told "it was probably overcooked". If it was overcooked it would have been tough and not chewy but I didn't say anything. The manager then said he'll mention it to the chef. We were then asked if we would like any other drinks which we ordered. My long island ice tea that arrived tasted like straight vodka and nothing else disappointing to say the least. The bill came to nearly €120 and most of the food wasn't eaten. No discount offered etc. I paid the bill as I work in the industry and do not like complaining but I felt like something could have been done such as offering a replacement lamb or a different dish. Breakfast on both mornings was great and the staff very friendly and helpful which can't be said about the manager that spoke with us. Overall the room and breakfast were great but the dinner was an absolute letdown and the way it was handled even more so.

Room tip: B&B do not book dinner
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Kmi02,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Oriel & for your feedback.
I was disappointed to read that you found your meal below our usual high standards & my sincerest apologies for this issue.
I will personally address this with our Head Chef & Food & Beverage Manager today & ensure that this issue is not repeated.

If you would like to discuss your feedback further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 021 4208400.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 2 November 2022 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while in cork on business. We mostly chose this hotel due to the price being cheaper than hotels in Cork city. We chose room only. Myself and my colleague stayed in two separate rooms. My room was on the 2nd floor, hers on the 1st. My room was beautiful, newly decorated/renovated whereas hers was the older style. The bathroom is beautiful, modern and clean. Huge beds in the room, blackout curtains, everything for a peaceful sleep. We had some drinks in the lobby but didn’t eat in the bistro, we ate at a pub in the town. The hotel is beautiful and the staff very friendly. Would return again if I was in the area. Free parking available however there were only a few spaces left when we arrived but thankfully still managed to get a space each!

Room tip: Free parking but busy car park. Room on 3rd floor newly decorated
Trip type: Travelled on business
Janice McConnell, General Manager at Oriel House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2022

Dear JenBailey,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Oriel. I am delighted to read that you & your colleague had such an enjoyable stay & thank you for lovely feedback.

We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon hopefully.

Reviewed 1 November 2022 via mobile

From checkin to checkout, all our dealings with staff were positive, all very friendly and genuine. Special mention to the blonde girl who was on breakfast duty to welcome us at 7am with our toddler. The breakfast was of good quality. I have one point to make, is on the bar, the background music in the evening was some type of ‘house’ music on loop, as i heard another guest say, it wud go through ur head. Also there are no seats at the bar, which i think should be brought back. Also the hotel has plenty parking and the nice bars in ballincollig are within walking distance

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear AJ80s,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Oriel. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay & that our team were able to look after you & your family so well.

We will look forward to welcoming you all back to the Oriel in the future.